This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

“Ice cream chillin’, chillin’, ice cream,” are lyrics that have been stuck in my head since Blackpink and Selena Gomez released their highly anticipated collaboration, “Ice Cream.” It is huge for a Korean girl group to collaborate with a Western artist, and capture the attention of many fans in America. This sweet, catchy song is definitely perfect for the summer!

With this collaboration, it also opens new opportunities for Blackpink in the mainstream media of America. Representation is always important, and it’s inspiring to see them taking on American charts. In just 24 hours after the music video premiered, it garnered 79.08 million views. Despite the long distance, Blackpink and Gomez were able to create a fun and refreshing music video, which you wouldn’t be able to tell they filmed apart.

It is super important to support international artists, because it breaks all these different cultural and language barriers. It will open the doors for other artists hoping to make their debut in America one day. Not only will you discover a new love for a different genre, but it just shows how we’re all connected by music. Make sure you all go stream “Ice Cream” and tell your friends about it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXZj0DzXIA&ab_channel=BLACKPINK

Sandra Chen

Pace Pleasantville '23

Sandra is a sophomore communications major at Pace University Pleasantville. Being from a small town in Connecticut, she loves to travel and explore new places. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite shows, hanging out with friends, and listening to music. She hopes to be more involved on campus and create great memories this year!