This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

With the temperature dropping and the weather going from heat waves to snowstorms, we can definitely feel the holiday spirit rising! Along with all of the festivities may come an utmost want for winter and holiday dates that are perfect for the season. If you and your boo or even your best friends want to get in the holiday spirit and just don’t know how, here are some fun and inexpensive ways to spend time together while still enjoying what this season has to offer!

Ice skating in well known or local parks

This all time classic date is perfect if you’re looking to spend some time outdoors in the brisk weather surrounded by trees and nature. Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park are two hotspots to visit if you live in New York but skating over a frozen pond within town is always fun too!

Gingerbread House Competitions

If you enjoy baking, decorating, and then eating what you baked, this date option is great for you! See what each other can do and how creative you can be with this and in the end, it doesn’t matter who wins, we’re eating both as soon as possible. It’s a win win!

Hot chocolate and holiday movie marathon

When it’s storming outside and it feels almost like you’re trapped inside your house, make some hot chocolate, throw on your comfiest pajamas and chill on the couch and watch some of your favorite holiday movies! You don’t always need to go out in order to have a good time with your significant other. I personally love doing this whenever it’s a little too snowy outside for my liking.

Decorate the house

Whatever holiday you celebrate this winter season, the house can always use a little decor to get you in the spirit! Help each other hang some lights and whatever decorations liven up your hearts and your house! When it’s all done and perfect, sit back and admire the teamwork that put that together!

Holiday Gift Shopping

Sometimes when there’s a storm, being cooped up in a house for too long can give us a little cabin fever. Sometimes the best time to get some shopping done is during these storms when everyone else just wants to stay inside. Get ahead on your shopping and take a trip to the mall. Shop for each other for for family and friends, either way it’s a nice way to get to know each other’s style.

Christmas light showings

One of my personal favorites is going to a Christmas light show! This can be done with your date or with a group of friends. Everyone hop in a car, and drive down to your nearest neighborhood Christmas lights display! Whether it’s just the houses around your area or at a public showing, the lights brighten up the date and bring that extra sense of joy and holiday spirit to whoever’s watching. Take some cute pictures for instagram and make some new backgrounds for your phone!

Hopefully these date ideas were simple enough! Enjoy this season and happy holidays!

Sofia Torio

Pace Pleasantville '21

Sofia is a senior Digital Journalism major at Pace University Pleasantville. On campus she is a dancer on the Pace University Dance Team. Sofia loves to travel and learn about different cultures around the world. In her spare time, she enjoys dancing, art, watching Netflix, and meeting friends for coffee!