5 Halloween Movies to Make Spooky Season Even Better!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Halloween is my favorite time of the year, and watching spooky and fun movies makes the season even more enjoyable! Here are five of my top favorite to watch now that it is officially fall! 

1. Hocus Pocus 

Who doesn’t love the Sanderson Sisters of Salem Massachusetts! Being from Massachusetts myself, I can’t help but love the crazy New England vibes of this movie. Hocus Pocus combines the fun of Halloween with a spooky twist. 

2. Halloween 

I’m talking about the original Halloween, which came out in 1978! It’s a classic, and I can’t even consider it Halloween time unless I watch it at least once. With classic gore and jump scares, you can’t go wrong with this film!

3. Halloweentown 

This Disney Channel classic always gets me in the Halloween spirit! You can never get too old for talking skeletons, crazy witches, and more in this wacky film. Every teenager wanted to find out they were a witch after this film came out!

4. Beetlejuice 

I honestly watch this movie all year round, it’s one of my absolute favorites! Michael Keaton is almost unrecognizable in this film and it creeps me out every time. This movie combines humor with creepy antidotes and I can’t get enough of it! 

5. Casper

The 1995 real life Casper film always reminds me of when I was a little kid! It was always a favorite of mine, and whenever it’s on TV I get roped into watching it. When I was little I even slept with a stuffed ghost all year round! 

Emily serves as Associate of Campus Community & Marketing here at Her Campus. She graduated from Pace University in 2020 with a degree in Communications. Emily served as a Campus Correspondent at Pace University, was a former intern for Her Campus' InfluenceHer Collective and was a part of Campus Trendsetters. In her spare time you can find her crafting, going to art museums and listening to Taylor Swift.