This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Who is already counting down the days for the 91st Academy Awards? Is it just me? (It’s only 147 days… in case you were wondering) Yes, I know, it’s only September. But, there is already “Oscar buzz” and nomination predictions about films that still haven’t been released into theaters yet in 2019. So here is a list of 5 films that are coming soon, but are also directed by women that you should see: 

1. Harriet — directed by Kasi Lemmons (November 1st)

Harriet will be only the fifth film Lemmons has gotten to direct. In a Variety Fair article, she said, “ I’m very proud that I’ve gotten to make five movies. But I spend 80% of my time trying to get movies made.” 

2. Charlie’s Angels — directed by Elizabeth Banks (November 15th)

Banks has directed Pitch Perfect 2 (2015). But you might know her more for her acting roles in Hunger Games (2012) as Effie Trinket or in Wet Hot American Summer (2001) as Lindsy. 

3. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood — directed by Marielle Heller (November 22nd) 

Heller has also directed last year’s three-time Academy Award-nominated film, Can You Forgive Me? (2018) 

4. Frozen 2 — directed by Jennifer Lee and Chuck Buck (November 22nd) 

Lee and Buck are both the original directors of Frozen (2013). However, Lee is also known for the story of Disney’s Zooptia (2016) and the screenplay for Wreck-it Ralph (2012). 

5. Little Women — directed by Greta Gerwig (December 25th) 

Gerwig is also known for directing Lady Bird (2017), which got nominated “Best Director” at the 89th Academy Awards. 

Rachel Skopp-Cardillo!

Pace Pleasantville

Rachel Skopp-Cardillo goes to Pace University in Pleasantville, New York. She studies Digitial Cinema & Filmmaking and minors in Film Studies. Rachel's dream is to one day work in television and create educational TV shows for children. Until then, Rachel is focusing on getting her degree and making memories at Pace University!