Rachel Hoffer ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Hometown: Irvine, California

Age: 20

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle! (Laughs) Nobody says that line, so I’m going with it.

Major: English

Minor: History and Classical Studies

What would be your ideal date?

Let’s see…I would start it off with a really nice fancy dinner. I want to go to a 5 star restaurant and dress up in formal wear with pearls or diamonds or whatever. Full makeup. Full hair. I want to really get ready for this date, a whole 5 hours of getting ready. So we go on this date, there’s a full 5-course meal, it’s all super fancy, and then we go back and watch a movie or something classic. We share dessert and then walk on the beach in our fancy attire. That would be my ideal date.

What are your turn ons?

Cologne. Gotta love that man smell. Also, he has to be smart. A guy who is an intellectual, who reads books, is definitely attractive.  I want a guy who wants to talk to me about the meaning of life and things like that.

What about your turn offs?

That would be some really annoying guy who doesn’t care about my ideas or what I think. Oh, and if he doesn’t like chocolate, that’s a no go, too. Can’t do it.

What if he’s perfect in all other ways but he’s allergic to chocolate?

Can’t  do it. Sorry. Nope. On first dates, I’m going to suggest getting ice cream, and if it’s not chocolate, I won’t get back to them.

What is your dream type?

A prince from England. It would ideal if he had a gorgeous British accent, and wore suits…that would be so great. But I do fall for the nerds all the time.

What would someone say that would make you leave immediately?

“No, I’m not a fan of Disney.” I would have to leave, I couldn’t do that. If they were like “gingers have no soul” I would walk right out like “Ok, cool, thanks.”

You win 5 million dollars in the lottery the same day aliens land on the earth and say they’re going to blow it up in 2 days. What do you do?

I know what I should do. I’ve studied what you’re meant to do when you win lotteries. That’s a hard question.

I would probably buy my own chocolate factory and live in it. I’d hire oompa loompas to make me chocolate.

Anything else you want to say to all the cool guys out there?

Come at me. Say that. Come at me.

Sarah is a senior history major at Oxy - she likes cats, naps, pizza, and wine.
I am an aspiring blogger/instagrammer/vine star from sunny Southern California. I have a passion for crafting, crocheting and Disneyland!