Jake Mallove ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Jake Mallove ’13! Read on to find out what this talented thespian is up to around campus, the story of his first kiss, and why he loves his Phi Psi brothers so much.

Name: Jake Mallove

Class Year: 2013

Hometown: Bainbridge Island, Washington         

Major: Theater

Campus Activities/Interests: Phi Kappa Psi – VP, Fantastiprov, Campus Tour Guide, Being in plays.

Single/Taken/It’s Complicated: Single

Is usually found: Driving around campus. It’s bad how often I drive.

Celebrity crush:  If Leslie Knope was a real person it would be her, so I’ll take the next best thing and say Amy Poehler.

What is something that people would be surprised to find out about you? I really really hate chocolate.

What would be your superpower and why? Apparition. It would just save so much time. And is much more fuel efficient.

What mystifies you most about the opposite sex? How even the skinniest girls still call themselves fat. Clearly you aren’t so why do you keep saying you are?

Favorite way to de-stress and relax: Drinking tea and watching TV in my bed.

What three things would you bring to a deserted island? One bourbon, one scotch, one beer.

What do you love most about being a Phi Kappa Psi brother? The companionship. Everyone has each other’s backs and supports one another no matter what. I can’t get rid of those fools if I tried!

Story of your first kiss? I was in sixth grade and it was in the woods. No one knows why we were there. It was awkward. Pacific Northwest problems….

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.