Baillee Brown ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Have you met Baillee Brown? Baillee is usually seen cheering at the football and soccer games, dancing in her room, or going from club meeting to club meeting. She is from Gilbert, Arizona and attended Mesquite High School where she was Student Body President.  Her intended major is Diplomacy and World Affairs.

Baillee is just a first-year, but is already extremely involved here at Oxy. She is part of VFE (Vote for Equality), QSA (Queer-Straight Alliance), AFA (Oxy’s feminist group), ASOC (Dean’s Advisory Council) and is very active in Oxy’s YCCA (Youth Coalition for Community Action) chapter.  So what has she been up to? Along with the other members of YCCA, Baillee attended Hunger Action Day L.A. in September as well as Occupy L.A. last week. At Occupy L.A., Baillee worked to create a plan for Oxy’s involvement in the project. The YCCA is planning another trip to Occupy L.A. over fall break.

Baillee is also helping to plan some fun on campus events as well. She is actively trying to put on a dance for first-years on Stewie Beach. She is also planning an open mic night for the many musically-talented people at Oxy. So why does Baillee love it here? “Oxy allows me to seize opportunities that I would not have had at any other school, because of its inclusive, diverse, and accepting community. Everywhere you go you meet someone new, have a conversation, and become instant friends.”

Are you in a club with Baillee? Were you at Occupy LA with Baillee and the YCCA? Are you dying to know where she got that top in the photo above? Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Image credit: Look Beyond Photography

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.