This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Oxford is a unique campus. It may not be for everyone, but I can honestly say that I have loved my time here and I have learned so much. As I have gotten more involved in the Atlanta campus over the last few months, I’ve reflected on what I’ve appreciate about Oxford and everything that I’ll miss when I leave.

I’ll miss getting to know all of my professors. I’ve never been in a class here where my professor didn’t know my name. I don’t think that the main campus will have the relaxed environment that lends itself to deep and serious discussions like Oxford does. Not only that but we all know the same professors. I’ll miss hearing stories about Usha and Dr. Shapiro like they’re deeply adored friends.

I’ll miss our Facebook page. Not many other schools have a campus so small that students can basically have a conversation with their friends on such a public platform. And not many other schools have the amazing sense of humor and meme culture that we do.

I’ll miss seeing my friends every single day. We’re never more than five minutes away from anyone here and we all eat at the same place, all three meals a day. That certainly has its downsides, but I’m holding on to the time I have here until next year when I’ll have to schedule lunches with my friends in order to see them.

I’ll miss the incredibly try-hard environment. I would not have the leadership skills I have today without Oxford. The pressure to have fifty leadership positions at once can be a bit overwhelming, but I know I’m a better person for it. I’ll miss leaving my door unlocked and leaving my computer in the library for five hours. I’ll miss chocolate chip cookies at Lil’s. I’ll miss waking up ten minutes before class. But most of all I’ll miss the people. Though I only spent two years here, I will always cherish the friends and teachers I’ve had in my time at Oxford.

Photo credits: Darya Farrokhi