‘Tis the Season for Self-Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

The temperature has finally dropped and we’re so close to Winter break! We can smell cranberries and pumpkin pie in the air. I know I won’t be able to fully relax until exams are over, but there are some ways to enjoy the winter and think of home in these next few weeks to keep us going until we can have a truly peaceful break.

1. Get Cozy. Fuzzy socks, big sweaters, obnoxiously large scarfs. Go bananas, turn your bed into a cocoon of pillows and blankets.

2. Even if you rarely have time to enjoy the winter season, you can still make your room feel like a winter wonderland. Cut out a string of snowflakes to hang from the walls or put out a snow globe. If you celebrate Christmas, consider buying/making an advent calendar to count down the days or make your dorm a little more cheery with these festive string lights

3. Drink all the tea and coffee. I highly recommend splurging on some whipped cream and marshmallows to make all your hot chocolate dreams come true as well.

4. Remember the good times with your family and friends from home to hold you over until you can finally see them again. Skype your parents, snapchat old friends, or send a letter or care package to someone you haven’t seen in a while.

5. Give yourself a little vacation time every now and then. Get your friends together and roast s’mores or bake some gingerbread cookies.

The next few weeks are going to be stressful, but that doesn’t mean we can’t stop and enjoy the cold weather and think of home every now and then. Sprinkling in some of the cheer break brings with it into our non-stop schedule can propel us through the essays and quizlets until we are finally free to enjoy the season.

Photo Credits: Image 1, Image 2, Image 3, Image 4, Image 5

Sydney Sumrall

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.