Tips for a Last Minute Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Sometimes, we just need a weekend getaway at the last moment because we feel so overwhelmed and just need to spend some time with those who are most important to us. BUT when planning something so last minute, aka the week before, things can get a bit hectic because there is so much to do!

1. Pick a location

Keep it somewhere close, such as in state or a state nearby! Some good locations from Georgia include Savannah, Charleston, Nashville, and any majors cities in South Carolina or Alabama. Make sure you have a way to get there, such as a car, and that everybody can go!

2. Get a hotel or an airbnb

Find cheap hotels in the city or in a 10-mile radius! If it’s too many people to rent one room, there are Airbnbs available almost everywhere! You can rent a room, floor, or full house/apartment, making it easy to fit more people and split the cost!

3. Look up tickets on stubhub or ticketmaster for events nearby

It’s easy to find concerts or sports events that are happening in one town by going on a ticket resale website, such as stubhub or ticketmaster, and putting in your location and date! It’s also where you’ll be able to find the cheapest tickets.

4. Look up free events, festivals, and museums nearby

If you’re staying within a tight budget and don’t want to spend money on concerts or expensive events, look at the city’s website or Facebook to learn about any free events or festivals, as well as any museums that might be free!

5. Stay within your budget, and make sure to include gas and food money in it

Again, if you’re staying within a budget, make sure that, when buying tickets and reserving rooms, you keep in mind that you will need to pay for gas, parking, and food!

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.