Places Where it’s Halloween All Year-Round

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Why hallo, Halloween lovers.

If you love Halloween then keep reading, because I am about to disclose to you the two places where Halloween never leaves the area—college and England. In college, Halloween is year-round, reaching the scariest peaks during midterms and finals time. Students become the walking dead from the stress, of course, work, and the burden of studying. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if some excited Walking Dead fan excitedly asked an Oxford of Emory student for his or her autograph, only to be disappointed upon realizing his or her mistake of believing the student starred in the Walking Dead. Upon first seeing the student though, it’d be like, “Wow, I knew Oxford of Emory is known for having scenes of Vampire Diaries filmed on it, but never knew they had The Walking Dead, too!”

Another place where Halloween is always present is just across the lake from us—England, a place that also has an Oxford in it, funnily enough…In England, Halloween’s a daily affair with mummies walking around all over the place. In fact, it’s such a mundane, normal occurrence that little kids don’t even scream out of fear in shrilly voices upon seeing a mummy, but if screaming in any form or fashion in a shrilly voice, it’s out of excitement upon seeing their mummies.

Student at Emory University, Student Instructor for Poli Sci, Founding Staff Writer for Emory Political Review, Staff Writer for HerCampus