This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

I know most sophomores are starting to get stir crazy here at Oxford college. We have three short months left until we move on to bigger and better things in Atlanta. By the time you hit second semester sophomore year at Oxford, it really starts to kick in that you are living in rural Georgia. Covington and Oxford have little to offer in terms of exciting activities. Oxford college itself doesn’t have a lot going on campus. There are always club activities, but not enough to keep people interested for two years. Plus, we all know the food isn’t something we rave about.

However, I am starting to get a bit nostalgic even while I am still here. Registering for graduation is making me realize how quickly these two years have gone by. There are a lot of things about Oxford that makes you want to graduate and get into the big city, but there is also a lot to enjoy. I realize there are a lot of things that I will miss about Oxford once I have left. At Oxford, I see my friends just randomly all of the time throughout the day. It is easy to stay in contact even with people that you aren’t very close with. You run into familiar faces every second. On Atlanta campus, those familiar faces won’t be as close by. You won’t just randomly run into your friend walking on the quad as often as you do here. Plus, you know your professors well and see them in the dining hall, or just walking around. They know you by name and you are friends with some of them. I know that junior and senior year will still have smaller classes at Atlanta campus, but the professors we have gotten to know for the past two years will be sadly missing from campus. Although Oxford’s small town, tiny campus vibe can get tiring by the end of two years, there was a lot Oxford had to offer. It was nice knowing most smiling faces that you passed, and saying hi to your professors outside of class. It was great being in leadership positions the first month you came to college. The walk from one end of campus to the other only takes at most 6 minutes, probably less if you have long legs.

My time at Oxford has led me to find amazing friends. The academics were hard, but I wouldn’t trade the time I spent here for anything. Although I am ready to move on to Atlanta campus, I will miss the time I spent here at Oxford.

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.