This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Whenever the seasons start to change and Fall comes around, everybody starts to talk about “cuffing” season. 

Cuffing Season: During the Fall and Winter months people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves along with the rest of the world desiring to be “Cuffed” or tied down by a serious relationship. The cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed.

This means that because it’s cold, people want someone to cuddle with and do cute indoor things with (plus, don’t you want someone to bring home for Thanksgiving and Christmas to prove to your family that you aren’t THAT lonely?). With this in mind, here are five cute date ideas for cuffing season, accompanied by some gifs!

1. Fall Festival: Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze

2. Have a Picnic

3. Go Camping or Hiking

4. Decorate Pumpkins

5. Make Candy Apples or Bake a Pie

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.