Healthy Breakfast Ideas for When You’re Too Lazy to Make it to Lil’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

The struggle to get to Lil’s before class is real.

Sure, you can get anywhere on campus in five minutes, but the reality is most of us simply cannot wake up at the time we originally intended, especially when midterms roll around and you’re playing the how-many hours-of-sleep-do-I-really-need-to-survive game.

Fortunately, I have some nifty breakfasts ideas that are way better for you than Poptarts or cold pizza.

1. Overnight Oats

Overnight oats are my personal favorite because you can get really creative, and it basically cooks itself overnight. On the most basic level, you need oats and a milk of your choice, but there are a variety of ways to spruce up this simple meal with spices and fruits of your choosing.

Check out recipes here and here.

2. Trail Mix

Abscond with cereal and various salad bar items the day before for a super low-maintenance breakfast. Or head to Kroger and the trail mix world is your oyster! Choose your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate, etc. to make your own.

3. Yogurt and Granola

This is actually one of the healthiest things you can eat that will take less than 30 seconds to make. Make it with Greek yogurt for a high-protein meal.

4. Egg Mugs

Have you ever made a mug cake? Well, egg mugs are like that except healthy. Just choose your favorite omelet ingredients, mix them in a mug, and microwave for about a minute, and voila, you are the master chef of quiches.

See one recipe here.

5. Breakfast cookies

If you’re willing to do some baking the night before, these cookies can seriously step up your breakfast game. Add/drop/swap your favorite breakfast items to bake this breakfast treat.

Recipe here.

Sydney Sumrall

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.