Get to Know: Zach Breathwaite

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

HC: Can you introduce yourself a bit?

Answer: Hi, I’m Zach Breathwaite, I’m a sophomore at Oxford and I am from Moyock, North Carolina.

HC: How did you find yourself coming to Oxford College?

Answer: I came to Oxford because it was the best academic school that I received an offer to play basketball at, and an Emory education was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

HC: What can you tell us about being on the basketball team? How does it balance with school?

Answer: Being on the basketball team is a good time because I love to play. Like any extracurricular activity, it takes time away from studying and schoolwork, but that is something that you are aware of coming in, and something you have to find a way to work through.

HC: Are there any memories of being on the basketball team that are the most memorable?

Answer: Definitely winning the conference championship during my freshman year.

HC: Were you recruited by Oxford College or did you walk onto the team freshman year?

Answer: I was recruited.

HC: You were recently named GCAA D3 Player of the Week! First off, congrats on that, and secondly, how did that feel?

Answer: Thank you. It felt good, but it is also very early in the season. We have a lot of work left to do as a team.

HC: Do you plan on continuing on playing basketball on the main campus?

Answer: Yes.

HC: What’s your hope for the Oxford College basketball team after you leave?

Answer: I think we have built a very successful program in the last few years, and I’m hoping that continues after I leave.

Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.