The Essentials for Every Girls’ Summer Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Well it’s official. School is over and it’s time for summer break! Well ladies, go to your cars because it is time to prep those beach bags! We’ve got just what you need to redo your beach bags, so here are our essentials for EVERY beach bag and summer trip you can think of!

1. A Good Book:  When you’re on a beach, sometimes all you wanna do is relax on the beach with a good book! Or that’s my idea of a good time! A book that I’m interested in reading is White Fur by Jardine Libaire, which was inside of our Survival Kits! This book is a love story from 80’s NYC, where an instant attraction pulls two unlikely souls together! It sounds like the perfect book for a day on the beach, so it will definitely be in my beach bag!
  2. A Quick Way to Freshen Up: The summer can do brutal things to the face and body! Don’t let it get in the way of your confidence so check out Summer’s Eve! They have a really nice foaming wash to get rid of impurities in the face and cleansing cloths that will keep your body fresh all day! You can find your favorite scent quickly and easily and never have to worry about carrying a million things in order to stay fresh! Also, when it comes to eating out, you’ll want to keep your breath fresh by carrying a toothbrush around! When you do, make sure to use Steripods in order to protect your toothbrush from germs in the world! They’re simple to use so you never have to worry about carrying around a nasty toothbrush again! 
  3. A Quick Brow Makeover: If there’s anything we all know, it is that brows matter. You woudn’t leave the house without your brows looking great, so when you hit the beach or the gym, why don’t you make sure that they can look great there as well!? essence cosmetics has an awesome 2-in-1 brow pencil and brush that will give you the brows you always wanted, with a lot less of the fuss! 
  4. A Little Deodorant: When it comes to running around in the heat all day, we all get a little sweaty! Well you don’t want to funk up a room, so what you can do to combat this is use the Secret Invisible Solid in order to stay fresh for up to 48 hours! There are so many different scents and you can easily pop one in your bag or in your car and be on the way without having to worry! 
Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.