This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

On Wednesday, March 21st, Oxford College hosted a showing of the award-winning documentary “Chasing Coral” in Williams Hall as a part of this year’s Atlanta Science Festival. The film was an Exposure Labs production directed by Jeff Orlowski and produced by Larissa Rhodes along with a team of coral advocates.

The team worked hard to document the widespread tragedy of coral bleaching and death that ravage our ocean’s ecosystems. Warming ocean temperatures, as a result of increased carbon dioxide emissions, are the leading cause for the rapid death of coral reefs. The film’s scientific advisor, Dr. James Porter, says the best way to save coral is to speak up by lobbying, voting, and communicating with elected officials about policies to combat climate change. Our knowledge is our power! To learn more, the documentary is available to stream on Netflix!

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!