priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Best Movies to Watch on Netflix if You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.
  1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society – if you like books and romance, you will love this movie! Set in the island of Guernsey, it tells the story of two people who begin writing to each other all because of a book.

2. The Breakfast Club — a classic movie that you’ve probably already seen but always a fun thing to watch

3. Set It Up — a romcom about two assistants who work all the time and set their bosses up in order to get a break every once in awhile.

4. Heathers — a classic thriller about two students who end up murdering a classmate

5. Sierra Burgess is a Loser — Uplifting movie about what happens when you assume no one notices the inner you.

6. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before — you’ve probably seen this before, but if you’re in the mood for a feel-good romcom, this is perfect!

7. Julie and Julia — a woman who tries to cook all of Julia Child’s recipes in a year

8. Sydney White — The classic story of Snow White reimagined with Amanda Bynes leading nerds to take back the school from the popular elite.

9. I Don’t Know How She Does It — An uplifting movie about a woman who manages to find enough time in the day to be a mom, high-powered executive, and a wife.

10. Sex and The City — if you are a fan of the series, you will love this movie that continues the story of Carrie Bradshaw and Big.

Katie Pleiss

Oxford Emory '19

My name is Katie, and I'm a sophomore at Oxford College of Emory! I am a politics, philosophy, and law major on the pre-law track. I'm hoping to become a human rights lawyer. I am a huge fan of The Office and can quote every episode. I also enjoy reading, spending time with friends, and volunteering!