An Atlanta Concert: Cherry Glazerr

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Closing out Women’s Month I went to see the estrogen backed concert featuring Cherry Glazerr, supported by Ian Sweet and Lala Lala at the Masquerade in Underground Atlanta. The decision to go was on a whim, and it was an opportunity I am glad I took. The concert was in the Little Five Points area of Atlanta, which allowed me to explore the area a bit before the show.

Cherry Glazerr is an indie rock trio specializing in noise pop, providing the underlying dissonance of feedback to the music to give a more garage band feel. Cherry Glazerr is lead by Clementine Creevy, who is also known for being on Transparent. Creevy is also 19 (my age), which is really cool to see someone so young doing something so awesome. Creevy addresses the audience like her first time being on a stage filled with giddy and humor and seems genuinely excited to play and perform. Creevy’s stage demeanor was very casual, she walked on with jeans and a tee shirt and repeatedly made eye contact when speaking to audience members. She shreds the guitar and licks a chord (literally) and is playful with the crowd. She encouraged the crowd and was very receptive. She played some of Cherry Glazerr’s hits like Told You I’d Be With the Guys, Had Ten Dollaz, and, Teenage Girl. Creevy sang along with the audience and was delighted to hear them sing. The supporting bands Lala Lala and Ian Sweet were a mix of extreme noise to softer. I had not heard of either before I went to the show but left listening to their new records. The relationship between the two supporting bands was especially great and their show concluded with the frontwoman for Lala Lala getting an Ian Sweet tattoo backstage. It was awesome, a must recommend!!

Dominiki Kurz

Oxford Emory

American from London living in Georgia 
Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.