7 Ways to Relax After a Long Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

1. Warm Showers

One of my favorite things to do is blast some of my all-time favorite songs and scream-chant the lyrics (much to the dismay of my hallmates). Communal showers aren’t always the most private spaces, however, and there have been some occasions when an unidentified girl from another shower stall has started singing along too!

2. Pajamas

Who doesn’t love pajamas? In my opinion, comfortable clothes are integral to chilling out so bring out the sweatpants, leggings, oversized tee-shirts, or the matching pajama set your roommate always makes fun of you for wearing!

3. Fuzzy Socks or Slippers

My feet are always freezing, so nothing makes me happier than slipping on a pair of warm and fuzzy spa socks or cozy slippers.

4. Drink Hot Tea or Coffee

I love hot drinks; they always make me feel right at home! I’ll usually brew a hot cup of peppermint tea, decaf coffee, or even hot chocolate if I’m feeling extravagant. I’ll carry my steaming mug into bed with me where I bury myself in a blanket burrito.

5. Binge-Watching Shows

Netflix, HBO Go, Starz, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and the like are always a great choice to get your mind off the day’s struggles and frustrations! I’m currently re-watching the Outlander Series in preparation for the new season that has just premiered! I’ve also just started Greenhouse Academy with a few hallmates and friends!

6. Listening to Music

Sometimes after a particularly trying day, all you need is to lie down, close your eyes, and let some good music wash over you as you drift in and out of sleep.

7. DIY Pampering

Bring on the mud masks and mani-pedis! A little self-love and care never hurt when you’re feeling a little rough! I usually invite some people over so we can chitchat while we file our nails, laugh at the gross color of each other’s face masks, braid each other’s hair, and let the day’s troubles simply slip away from our minds. 

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!