6 Things I’m Looking Forward to Doing After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.
  1. Sleeping

I miss sleep. Between the late-night study sessions and stress-induced insomnia, I feel like I never get enough sleep in the last few weeks of classes and during finals. I’ve been looking forward to sleeping in all semester long!

2. Drinking Coffee… For Fun

Coffee is one of my great loves in life. I drink it 2-3 times a day during the semester. I’m looking forward to drinking coffee simply because it’s something I enjoy and not just because I need the caffeine to get through my 8:15 class. Coffee will also be my savior post-finals when I’m still recovering from my weeks of exhaustion and sleep-deprivation.

3. Exercise

I seem to always find an excuse to not exercise at the very end of the semester. I’m looking forward to having more time to de-stress by jogging, yoga, and strolling through the parks back home. I always feel so much better when I exercise regularly, but sometimes it feels like there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

4. Guiltlessly Doing Nothing

I think this is fairly self-explanatory… I look forward to doing nothing and not feeling the least bit guilty about spending hours of my life lying in bed or on the couch. Whether I’m just lying there with my eyes closed or binge-watching a whole bunch of shows on Netflix and Amazon Prime, I can’t wait to just spend the day relaxing.

5. Releasing My Inner Child

Sometimes I just want to feel like a kid again. I want to feed the ducks, watch an old favorite movie, or play a board game with my sister. It’s good to feel young, and it’s one of my favorite ways to unwind, de-stress, and let my worries slide for a while.

6. Treating Myself

After a long, trying semester, I just want to reward myself for making it through it. I have some fun ideas in mind already including a full mani-pedi session, a massage, maybe another piercing, a small tattoo behind my ear, getting a Marie Antoinette macaron from my favorite bakery, and taking a few weekends off to visit some of my college friends. Just little things to help me feel refreshed, rewarded, and amped for the oncoming year!

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!
Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.