6 Reasons to Join Our Chapter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

1. You get free stuff! Now who doesn’t like free stuff?

Her Campus has an incredible number of sponsors and our writers get to share in the spoils. Throughout the semester our chapter receives Survival Kits full of goodies from companies like Alba Botanica, Almay, Bed Head by TIGI, Buxom Cosmetics, Krazy Glue and L’Oréal Paris.

2. You can write about anything you want!

Oh, you’ve got something to say about the recent Facebook data scandal? Let a rip! Wait, you tried that new City Pharmacy restaurant on Covington Square? Tell me all about it! Whatever you are inspired to write about, we are inspired to see your voice published.

3. You have your work published online.

I can’t tell you how amazing it was to have an article published online for the first time. I can look up my name online and find my work! We also have writers who don’t want their name out on the internet, but they can still share their opinion as an anonymous author!

4. You get great experience to put on your resume.

You develop your writing skills, learn more about what you care about, and learn a lot about both marketing and journalism. Let’s not forget that leadership roles are always a bonus when it comes to writing up your resume. Luckily, we have plenty of exec board positions available!

5. You have the opportunity to become an intern.

Her Campus accepts student interns! I even received academic credit for my Her Campus Internship!

6. You support and empower other women!

At the end of the day, you are joining a group of strong, motivated, and empowering women who are there to stand up and speak up for what they care about. What could be better than that?

Email oxford-emory@hercampus.com to apply today!

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!