5 Last Minute Spring Break Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

With Spring Break coming up, many students are stuck in Georgia simply because going home isn’t an option for them. Here are five awesome destinations here in Georgia, or close enough to Georgia for a road trip, that offer life-long memories!

1. Pine Mountain

Pine Mountain is simply amazing! It’s about an hour or two from Atlanta, so a car is definitely needed, but it has so much to offer! There are lots of cheap Airbnbs, as well as hotels, that you can split the cost of with friends. There are a lot of hiking trails with waterfalls, a zipline and obstacle course, a zoo, an animal safari, and a very cute, southern downtown shopping area.

2. Savannah 

Savannah is also a few hours from Atlanta, but it is worth it! You’ll actually be able to have a Spring Break at the beach, see some sun, go shopping, and visit a great historic downtown with walking tours! P.S. The food is 10/10.

3. Downtown Atlanta

Just taking a trip downtown is a simple, cheap way to have fun! Walking around and exploring parts of the town, especially the cute parts or Little Five Points, costs nothing and allows you to get some steps in. However, if you have some cash to spend, you can go to the aquarium, go see a sports game, go to a concert, have a fancy dinner, or go to a museum!

4.  Nashville

Although Nashville is about 5 hours away, going there is sure to give you some lasting memories! The night life is amazing, with all of the bars and music, but the daytime is really fun as well! The downtown area offers 24/7 music in bars and restaurants, music-related museums, and a lot of boot stores (where you can get 3 pairs for the price of 1!).

5. South Carolina

Greenville and Charleston are two great cities that are close enough to Georgia that you can drive to and enjoy your Spring Break there! They all offer a lot of activities, and it will give you a chance to say you went out of state for the break!

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.