This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Jordyn 

Autumn is the best season, what’s not to love about it? Apple cider for a nice refreshing drink, paired with apple cider donuts fresh from the bakery. Comfy leggings and soft flannels paired with duck boots and fuzzy socks. Thick blankets to keep you warm on chilly nights. Curling up on the couch while a scary movie plays on the TV. The weather is just perfect, not too hot, not too cold. The leaves begin changing to different shades of warm tones. Honestly, it’s just the best season. Without a doubt in my mind. 

Shannon

I really love Fall, and my favorite part about it is the spooky and playful parts of it mixing. I am a HUGE design aesthetics person so seeing the whimsical mixed with horror is what I live for. Being able to have warm apple cider while hearing ghost stories, or dressing up and going to a Halloween party with fun and spooky lights is what I’m about. Ever since I was a little kid I resolved to myself that I would always be something scary because that’s what the holiday was about to me, and my most recent costumes have been Michael Langdon from AHS (2018), Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction (2017), Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad (2016), and Madison Montgomery from AHS (2014).

Nirdishtha

I love autumn because that’s the weather when I can officially wear big comfy sweaters and boots. It is also the time for warm soups and teas and multicolored leaves. Jumping into piles of leaves and reading books while curled up in a blanket are some of my favorite fall activities. I also love smashing pumpkins and dressing up for Halloween. I love the way the air feels so crisp. Apple cider has to be one of the best perks of this season as well as getting cuddles from your loved ones (humans or pets)! 

Erin

Fall is 100% my favorite season!! The fallen leaves look so beautiful, and all the autumn Yankee Candle candles come out. Pumpkin spice coffee alongside with some apple cider doughnuts is the way I would spend my mornings. Not to mention the best holiday happens, Halloween!!! My family would always go beyond with decorating for the holiday, including making a homemade haunted house in our driveway. My brother and I would scare trick-or-treaters, my Dad would dress up as Michael Myers to freak out people, and my sister would hand out candy. Plus, all the best Halloween shows and movies come out, especially Halloween Wars, and Hocus Pocus

Kailey

I have to be honest, a huge reason why I love fall is because it’s I have an October birthday.  And I’m sorry, but, in my world, my birthday lasts at least 2 weeks. I love celebrating here with all my friends and then going home and continuing to celebrate with my family.  However, I do also love fall food – like apple cider donuts, apple crisp, pomegranates, concord grapes, and fresh-picked apples. I love how pretty all the trees look, it makes walking to class or driving home so much more enjoyable.  I love dressing up for Halloween and can’t wait for everyone to see the costume I’ve been planning for over a year. Most importantly, I love being outside, getting to wear cute layered outfits (not 15 layers and snow boots), doing cute festive things, and enjoying the weather before the awful snow hits.

Allyson

If I had to pick a favorite season, it would have to be fall. The weather is a perfect mix between hot and cold, with the warm sunshine and cool breeze creating the perfect temperature. Back in high school I would be playing soccer and going to football games, and now that I am in college fall means hockey season is coming up! Fall clothes are the easiest to style, and arguably the cutest, and I am looking forward to getting back to my flannel, jeans, and Timbs outfits. I love being able to spend time outside, since the fall foliage is gorgeous. Hikes are great in the cooler weather, and the leaves changing colors make for great pictures! I love being able to stay inside and be cozy as well, because when it starts to get chilly, nothing is better than being wrapped up in a blanket with a warm drink and reading, writing, or watching a movie.

Jess 

I may be completely biased here, but I love fall, mainly because it’s my birthday. If your birthday is in October, then you share my pain when it comes to being the baby of your class. The year always drags on and I celebrate everyone I know and their mom’s birthdays before it’s finally mine. So when October first hits, I feel like it’s my time to shine. Additionally, out of all my friends, I’m the only person I know who loves their birthday. My excitement intensifies even more when the air gets chilly, because it reminds me of the weather during my birthday at the end of the month. This is also the time of year when fall really starts to kick in. The temperature dropping means that the leaves are changing to beautiful shades of reds, oranges, and yellows, I can wear baggy sweatshirts and the color maroon to my heart’s desire, and scents of apple and pumpkin are always wafting through the air. But my favorite pastime during this time of year has to be curling up in a comfy blanket in front of a blazing fireplace with a cup of warm apple cider in between my palms. 

Emma

It was not until this season of fall that I realized how much I actually love this time of year. No one truly loves seeing summer come to a close, but I am actually ready to start throwing on flannels and oversized sweaters and sweatshirts with cute rain boots every morning instead of waking up in a sweat with nothing to wear that will satisfy my need of staying cool through the day. With fall comes the cool fresh crisp air that fills your lungs leaving your body somewhat soothed when apple picking, pumpkin picking, partaking in hay rides, chowing down apple fritters, or doing any of the dozen other fall festivities. The smells are even better wafting through the air, from pumpkin spice to cinnamon candles, fresh apple cider donuts, and hot cider. What I really have grown to admire is the change in color as each day goes by, burnt oranges, bright yellows, and deep reds dropping from tree branches. Hearing that crisp crunch of dead leaves under my boots is weirdly calming, signaling that the holidays are coming close. I really cannot wait for the yummy food and warm laughter on the horizon, thinking about Thanksgiving and, sooner than we know it, Christmas. Fall just makes me realize how it’s the little things that matter in life, like curling up under a blanket with a pumpkin spice latte, some apple crisp, and a good movie with friends and family. Even though the leaves are falling, I’m glad to be growing to truly enjoy what comes with fall. 

Sam

I adore Fall, it’s my favorite season for so many reasons. The weather is perfect to cozy up in my go-to articles of clothing such as sweaters, crewnecks, jeans, puffy/fluffy coats, and cute booties. As someone who enjoys nature and scenery, watching the leaves change into vibrant warm colors makes my heart happy. Honestly, I’m not a huge apple or pumpkin flavored person, but I totally embrace the scent of them both. Lighting a pumpkin spice candle is my alternative to sipping on a pumpkin spiced latte. Even though I have never understood the game no matter how hard I’ve tried, I love attending football games. It’s just something about the atmosphere, maybe because I grew up cheerleading at them. One of my favorite parts of the season though is Halloween. I am a horror movie enthusiast, and decorating for any holiday is a blast but scary decorations are the most fun. Oh and fuzzy socks? Amazing. 

Jordyn is a Biology major with a minor in creative writing at SUNY Oswego. She hopes to open a rehabilitation center for wildlife in the future. She's very passionate about animals and spreading awareness for animal rights. She also enjoys drawing and painting.
Shannon Sutorius was an award winning 23-year-old English major, over 40-time-published author, editor, and former Teaching Assistant who graduated from SUNY Oswego in December of 2021. Shannon was one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Oswego, previously Senior Editor, and wrote the Advice Column, "Dear Athena." Shannon worked with and had been published in Great Lake Review, Medium, and Subnivean. Shannon's awards included the Edward Austin Sheldon Award, Pride Alliance's Defender of LGBT+ Rights in Journalism Award, and the Dr. Richard Wheeler Memorial Scholarship. As well, Shannon was an active member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Nirdishtha Raj Sapkota is a Journalism and Graphic Design double major with a minor in Creative Writing. She loves indie and lofi music. You'll probably find her eating spicy and sour food or running around yelling for no particular reason. 
Erin is a Cinema and Screen studies major and a creative writing minor. She loves Disney and Horror movies, and her favorite director is Taika Watiti. Despite film and writing, she also loves art, baking, and musical theater. She is a July Cancer and her favorite holiday is Halloween.
Allyson is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree at SUNY Oswego, and is a double major in English and Broadcasting with a minor in Spanish. She is the CC of her college's chapter of Her Campus, as well as the Secretary of the Women's Club Ice Hockey team. She hopes to one day become an author of fiction novels and collections of poetry. When she is not writing or on the ice she enjoys spending her time reading, hiking, and watching anime.
Kailey is a Senior who double-majors in English and Adolescent Education. She has been a writer from the time she could hold a pencil and an aspiring teacher since 1st grade. She currently substitute teaches at a preschool and hopes to teach ELA and Creative Writing to high schoolers in the future. Kailey is an fervent reader, runner, and yogi who is happiest when laughing with loved ones or eating something full of sugar!
J Sforza

Oswego '22

Emma majors in Childhood Education with a concentrate in English and minors in English at SUNY Oswego. If she isn't writing, she is discovering new music, listening to Khalid, advocating for the planet, stirring trouble with her friends, or playing with her two doggos. She's always just looking for a good time full of new adventures.
Sam is a Business Administration major with an Entrepreneurship minor in her junior year at SUNY Oswego. She loves animals (especially cats), makeup, retail therapy, sunsets, iced coffee, and rewatching The Office.