This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

In this collaboration, members of Her Campus at Oswego discussed the importance of Women’s History. Many of our members state that it is significant because of the changes women created for us.

Jileiny Padilla

Women’s History Month is an important reminder of the significant role that women have played and continues to play in shaping our world, and a call to action to continue fighting for gender equality and women’s rights.

Carla Borbon

Women’s History Month is important because it raises awareness of the gender power disparity and the dangers it poses to women.

Starr Sanders

Erin Blank 

Women’s History Month is important cause it’s a reminder to everyone of all the women that have fought in the past against the inequalities we have faced. And while the fight is not over, it shows other women how we can also fight against those gender inequalities 

Lily Logan 

Women’s History Month makes me feel seen and validated. It is important to learn about the previous accomplishments of women and how to continue the journey to gender equality. 

Amani De La Cruz

Women’s History Month is important because it shows us how far women have come. After, the years of struggling and fighting for equality. It reminds us of the constant gender barriers that we still face today. Along with continuing fighting towards equality. 

Selina Lim 

Women’s History Month is important because it’s a month dedicated to honoring women, and acts as a reminder of the important roles that women have played throughout history. It doesn’t only celebrate how far we’ve come but reminds us how far we have left to go and that we are not free until all of us are free.

Laurin Felldin

Women’s History Month is important to me because it’s a reminder of all the women who have fought for our future. It’s amazing that I am able to get an education and have a career thanks to them.

Bailey Thomas

I love Women’s History Month because it opens my eyes to all the cool things women have accomplished that are never usually talked about. Having other women to look up to is super inspiring when thinking about all the things I could accomplish

Alexandria Wyckoff

Women’s History Month is not only a representation of feminism but an acknowledgment of those who have been forgotten in history. It makes me proud to be a woman and to have that inner strength.

Fay Khutoretsky

Women’s History Month reminds me of the need to remember and advocate for those that are disadvantaged in our society, utilizing an intersectional lens of how womanhood intersects with other identities. It is also a time to pay homage to the women who have contributed throughout history to better us as humanity, through acts of service and scientific, philosophical, and creative advancements. 

Kae Jimenez 

Women’s History Month means bravery. It means highlighting the efforts of the women who have contributed to the movement of society. It means celebrating all women. Every day should be Women’s History Month. We work and through so much, from patriarchy to sexual discrimination women are constantly oppressed. This month acknowledges all our hard work and represents power. Women are very powerful and because of us, we have many scientific innovations that helped unify the world. 

Riley Eipp

Women’s History Month reminds me that even when it may feel like the fight for women’s rights, freedoms, and justice in society is only making little progress, we have come so far as a marginalized group throughout history. It reminds me to appreciate the amazing women that have given us the privileges that we have today, and this month inspires me to make change and advocate for all of the other women in my life.

The undergrad, known as Jay, is a theatre major at SUNY Oswego, where she is now enrolled. Cooking, dancing, writing poetry, traveling, and shooting photographs are just a few of her favorite pastimes. Her career aspiration is to work as a play therapist, but she also wants to be an advocate for the development of emotional intelligence in children.
Carla Borbon

Oswego '23

Carla is a Creative Writing major and a Journalism minor at SUNY Oswego. She was born and raised in the Bronx and considers books and tv shows her best friends. From reading books like Percy Jackson and the Maze Runner Trilogy to Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and more, her love for writing blossomed from there. She wants to become an author but as she grows older, what she wants to do became blurry like her glasses on a rainy day. So here she is, with a kitten named Minnie and glasses wipers, trying to find her way.
Just a girly who loves to read, write, and game.
Erin is a Cinema and Screen studies major and a creative writing minor. She loves Disney and Horror movies, and her favorite director is Taika Watiti. Despite film and writing, she also loves art, baking, and musical theater. She is a July Cancer and her favorite holiday is Halloween.
Hello, I'm Amani. I'm from Brooklyn, I'm currently majoring in Broadcasting and Mass Communications. I've always loved writing ever since a very young age. I use it as a creative outlet, and a way to express myself.
Montha Lim

Oswego '23

Hi everyone! I am a Communications Major at SUNY Oswego. I prefer to go by my middle name Selina. I spend most of my time writing, reading, thrifting, and catching sunsets with friends. I love a good sushi platter and you can find me exploring different coffee shops with my best friend on most days!
Hi, I'm Bailey and I'm a junior at SUNY Oswego from Rochester, NY! I have passions for writing and storytelling, as well as health and wellness. I also love music, sports, being in nature, and spending time with family and friends.
Laurin Felldin is a 21 year old college student who is excitedly learning about the world of writing and media. Some of her main interests are fashion and learning how online culture works
Alexandria is currently a senior at SUNY Oswego, majoring in Creative Writing with minors in English and History. She has been published in four different literary journals: The Great Lake Review, Gandy Dancer, Zenith Literary Magazine and Planisphere Q. When not writing she loves listening to music, or reading a book on a rainy day.
Hey, I'm Fei Khutoretsky! (they/them) I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting and Communications at SUNY Oswego. I hail from Brooklyn, NYC. I love writing, especially slam poetry, and you can most likely find me curled up somewhere with a cup of hot chocolate and a book.
Hello, I'm Kaeillyn. I'm from the Bronx, my family and friends call me Kae, I'm presently majoring in Public Relations with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Gender Women Studies. I use writing as a platform to share my thoughts and experience. I joined Her Campus as a new opportunity to investigate my potential as a nonfiction book author/writer. My interests include learning new things, R&B and Soul music, civic participation, and community outreach.
Riley Eipp

Oswego '25

I am a double major at SUNY Oswego, majoring in Human Development and Communications. I absolutely love writing, reading, traveling, and trying new things! I'm hoping to one day get a job in marketing, journalism, or copy editing.