This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Hello there! For those of you reading this article, you are either coming back to check in on us (thanks for keeping in touch!), or you’re new to Her Campus Oswego. Either way, welcome! We know what a bumpy road this past year and a half has been with the pandemic and shift to virtual, well….everything. We have missed so many important milestones, events, and most importantly, each other. That’s why we’re so glad to be back — and better than ever.

Her Campus Oswego is starting fresh this year! We anticipate a full, robust semester with our new e-board, the incoming class of 2025, and all in-person events, bonding sessions, meetings, and workshops! Not only that, but we’ve revamped our whole game. We wanted to tell you all about the exciting stuff we’ve got going on.

• Mask up and be a #vaccinechampion! Oswego Forward policy means those unvaccinated will no longer be able to participate in Her Campus Oswego. Being vaccinated protects yourself and others! We will also be required to wear masks at all meetings and events.
  • We know it’s been a while, so we know if you’d like to update your member information with us, such as your pronouns, major/minor, graduation year, and any other important info, you can now do so here! You don’t have to tell us anything you don’t want to, but we’d like to get to know you all better and this is the first step.
  • The Her Campus website has undergone a complete makeover! We’d highly recommend checking it out for yourself and updating any of your website account information, (click ‘MORE’ in the top header bar to log in). If you haven’t signed up for an account yet, now is a great time to do so by clicking ‘Join Us’ on our homepage. Once you have signed up for an account, you’ll be listed on our team roster on the website!
  • We now have a HCOZ Weekly Newsletter! Our Newsletter will serve as the place for you to keep up with all things going on with HCOZ — when our next meeting is & what we’ll be talking about, information about our upcoming events, bonding sessions, and workshops, how to get involved in org wide initiatives, a weekly article highlight, and all of our social media.
  • Take a look at our brand new Handbook, which goes over all our expectations, who is on the e-board, how to sign up for a HC account, how to write & submit an article, how to become an editor, our social media stuff, and a full overview of when all of our meetings, events, bonding, and workshops are!
  • We’ll be looking for Section Writers. What are Section Writers? From our Handbook: “Writers that will focus their articles in a certain section, and write for that section regularly (minimum 1-2 articles per month).” The current sections we’re looking for and their descriptions are listed in the Handbook. No one has to be a Section Writer, it is just a program we’re interested in trying out. If you’re interested in becoming a Section Writer, please fill out an application.
  • We’re also be looking for new Section Editors! Section Editing is what makes the articles perfect before we publish them. Our Section Editors are a valuable part of HCOZ. You get intimate training on professional editing skills for your classes and career, ability to read the articles early, and a bond with you fellow editors! As we’ve had some challenging times with the pandemic, we’ve lost some valuable editing talent. If you’re interested in becoming a Section Editor, please email our Senior Editor, Jenna Wilson, or fill out an application.
  • CC Shannon and Allyson will be having Office Hours Friday, 1:45pm – 2:45pm in The Point starting the first week of classes. Be sure to visit them if you need to talk anything HCOZ related — or just want to say hi! 
  • Want a headshot for your author page? You can now book a session with our Photographer Mattie! See more information on how to do that starting next week here.

We know it’s a lot to get used to, but we want to have the best semester possible. Times are tough, but we are still around and here to support you as we move through this transition together. We’re so excited to start this new chapter of HCOZ with all of you. Thanks for sticking around! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot us an email at hc.oswego@hercampus.com or drop by office hours.