sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top 5 Horror Movies to Watch This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

The beloved and spooky holiday of Halloween is coming upon us, and it’s only a few weeks away! It’s a time for dressing up and eating way too much candy. But it’s also time for you to plan a horror movie marathon with your friends. In no particular order, here’s the top five horror movies to binge this spooky season.

1. Halloween (1978)

Directed by John Carpenter, this classic is an oldie but goodie. If you enjoy a good slasher flick this one is for you!

2. 28 Days Later (2002)

Directed by Danny Boyle, this Zombie flick is my personal favorite. It stars Cillain Murphy whose character struggles to survive in a post apocalyptic London.

3. The Shining (1980)

Directed by Stanley Kubrick, this chilling tale by Stephen King is not one to miss. It stars Jack Nicholson who slowly loses his mind while away with his family in a spooky hotel.

4. Get Out (2017)

Directed by Jordan Peele, this film has an almost perfect rating on rotten tomatoes and has caused quite a stir. This mysterious thriller follows an interracial couple visiting their parents for the first time.

5. Shaun of the Dead (2004)

If you aren’t a fan of scary movies but still enjoy zombies, this film is for you. Directed by Edgar Wright, this film is not only is it hilarious, but it will have you and your friends repeating the lines for weeks!

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.