This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

(Written in 3rd person)

Once upon a time in a small, sleepy village, there lived a young girl named Kaidee. She was a quiet and gentle soul, with eyes that sparkled like the night sky and a heart as tender as the petals of a flower. Kaidee always felt a deep connection to sunflowers; their tall, strong stalks and vibrant petals seemed to symbolize strength, resilience, and light amid the darkness. She often found solace in the sunflower fields on the outskirts of the village, seeking comfort and inspiration from the swaying golden blooms.

As Kaidee grew older, she faced challenges and hardships that threatened to wither her spirit. Her parents, traditional and conservative, couldn’t understand her dreams of becoming a sunflower. “A sunflower?” they would scoff. “Such a foolish, impossible dream. It’s time you focused on becoming a sensible woman and finding a proper place in our village.”

Despite the constant discouragement, Kaidee held steadfast to her dream. She knew in her heart that she was destined for more than the ordinary life that awaited her. As the years went by, Kaidee found solace in nature and books, learning about the resilience of sunflowers and their ability to grow even in the most challenging conditions.

Kaidee’’s determination to become a sunflower grew stronger with each passing day. She studied their anatomy, learning about the heliotropic nature of sunflowers that enabled them to follow the sun across the sky. She read about their ability to extract toxins from the soil, cleansing and purifying the earth as they grew. She wanted to be just like the sunflowers: strong, resilient, and a source of light in the world.

One day, while reading an ancient botanical tome, Kaidee discovered a mysterious incantation that promised to grant her heart’s deepest desire. She knew this was her chance to finally become a sunflower. Late one night, under the star-studded sky, she recited the incantation and felt a surge of energy course through her veins. At that moment, Kaidee’s transformation began.

Her body stretched and elongated, her arms reaching toward the heavens like the sturdy stalk of a sunflower. Her hair transformed into a crown of golden petals, and her skin took on the hue of sunflower seeds. Finally, her heart swelled with the pure, radiant energy of the sun, filling her with a sense of warmth and love she had never known.

As a sunflower, Kaidee was now able to bring light and hope to others. Her presence illuminated the village, and her wisdom and compassion inspired the people to grow and change for the better. She became a symbol of resilience, and her story spread far and wide. Those who had once doubted her, including friends and family now marveled at her transformation and sought her counsel.

Kaidee, the sunflower girl, showed the world that with determination, love, and a deep connection to nature, one could overcome the darkest of times and grow into a beacon of light for others. Her life was a testament to the power of dreams, the strength of the human spirit, and the beauty that could be found even in the most unexpected places.

The undergrad, known as Jay, is a theatre major at SUNY Oswego, where she is now enrolled. Cooking, dancing, writing poetry, traveling, and shooting photographs are just a few of her favorite pastimes. Her career aspiration is to work as a play therapist, but she also wants to be an advocate for the development of emotional intelligence in children.