The Controversy of the Week: Selena Vs. Hailey 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

I’m pretty sure if you live anywhere other than under a rock then you are aware of all that’s been going on between Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber. It’s all I’ve been seeing on my FYP for the past week. It’s TikTok, after TikTok of the rivalry. 

You may be wondering where does this all stem from though? It all began when Selena and Justin dated on and off from the years 2011 to 2018. Without them, there would be none of this. Claims of Hailey wanting to be Selena have always circled the internet. Yet, what began the sudden uproar was a story Kylie Jenner posted to her Instagram story.

Yet honestly, the whole situation is giving me the internet has just been waiting for a sort of debacle to surface and air out all the tea that they’ve got on Hailey Bieber. But, that may just be my opinion. 

However, through this, Selena nor Hailey have come out and spoken about the situation. So, may this just be a battle that social media has completely fragmented together? Yet, even if it is false, letting the world drag me like that all over social media and my husband does not say anything. OUUUU. Or even, just the fact that videos have come out of Justin saying that it feels “like an arranged marriage”. Yet, him not clearing up any of this to say it was a joke, I love my wife or something of the sort completely baffles me. 

Gotta keep an eye out for Selena. That’s what Hailey said. Literally. It’s all over TikTok and the new Hailey and Selena controversies that have arisen. Exposing the manic stalking habits that Hailey has portrayed throughout the years. As she is keeping an eye out for Seleaner. In 2018 while Selena was literally in rehab Hailey felt the need to still stalk Selena in an act of “making sure she didn’t ruin the marriage”.

Many TikToks have also come out showing the countless number of things that Hailey has allegedly done in the act of ‘’copying’’ Selena. As depicted in this TikTok Hailey has even gone to the extremities of getting the same tattoo as Selena. Selena originally got the tattoo for her little sister. Hailey went on to get the same tattoo.

Hello, I'm Amani. I'm from Brooklyn, I'm currently majoring in Broadcasting and Mass Communications. I've always loved writing ever since a very young age. I use it as a creative outlet, and a way to express myself.