This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Have you ever felt as though you were stuck in the same position? As if you’re not just having a bad day, but a bad life?

Lately, I have implemented a new routine that instills within me a sense of accomplishment. Following a routine and taking time to prioritize my work and overall well-being, I have begun reflecting upon the way that I view situations and things that contribute to stress and anxiety. My perspective is limited to a set way of thinking and idealizing. But why? Everything we experience is not always transparent or one-sided, so why do I operate under the belief that it is? 

Since I have started to reflect upon old habits, past experiences, and the way that they shaped my reality, I have realized that I think way too much. About everything. I realized that reality can change with a simple perspective shift. 

Granted, I don’t have all of the answers or even have half of them. However, I know that we are all responsible for our own lives and choices. Many things are out of our control, but not everything is. Switching simple behaviors such as not thinking so negatively, setting reminders, not procrastinating work, and other things can truly help people in a way I never realized. When I began to take control of my reality and live for myself, I began looking forward to tomorrow.

Because tomorrow isn’t guaranteed to any of us, we just happen to wake up. 

If there’s anything to be taken away from my most recent yap sesh, I suppose I’d like it to be the fact that we are responsible for implementing accessible and plausible solutions to our problems. I can see the difficulty of improvement at first, especially in college, but it is so worth it in the end

Kayla Hill

Oswego '25

My name is Kayla, I joined HerCampus, to explore my potential as a writer. I'm passionate for writing poetry, but have done other forms of creative writing in the past. When I'm not writing, I dual major in Sociology and Criminal Justice, with a Photography Minor. When I graduate, I plan to follow my dreams wherever they take me!