This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

With the changing styles and trends there are a variety of options available for dressing up according to your comfort and style. When you are trying to change it is so easy to get distracted by things that oppose the change, just like the availability of fun oversized clothing. It might hinder the process of your new change but when you know you have to start nothing can affect you! Here are some tips you might want to consider while choosing your outfit. 

Sizing 

When it comes to sizing, it is extremely important to choose fitted clothing for base layers, comfortable fabrics like cashmere and pure cotton. As there will be added layers on top, choosing a breathable fabric that adapts well to your skin type is the beginning of all. 

Basics 

Choosing the style that suits your body and choosing the colors that suit your complexion is the most important and basic step. Whether it is – 20°s or 90°s you would always want to go for soft and thin fabric for your under layer. Be it you are going for any color category neutral basics should always be your first priority. 

Makeup & Skincare 

Drink all the juices and get up your water intake. Cleanse your body, do your skincare and remove your makeup before sleeping! Glitters and highlighters seem to be really eye-catching these days, with all the fun colors available that is where all of us run towards. But when you are wearing something elegant, minimal makeup with less highlights would be the way to it, the outfit should brighten up your face if you’re wearing it correctly. You could opt for skin tints, brow gels, mascara, lip tints etc. 

Bold patterns 

One of the common trends that brands cater towards these days is big logos and bold patterns that distract the observer from finding the elegance of the cloth ware. It takes away the softnesses and brings an edginess towards it which further turns it from elegant to a bold outfit. Also avoiding neon and bright colors would also bring out its naturalness. 

Color analysis

There may be a day when someone compliments you for a color that looks good on you and brightens up your complexion. That is how color theory works, the colors of the outfit that adds charm to your beauty. Some people suit more of a summer color while others have an autumn palette. 

Accessorize 

The way to make an outfit from modest to elegant is accessorizing. It is best to go layer by layer so whenever a clothing piece does not add on to your look you can always choose another option. To give the concluding touches you would want to finish up your outfit with a belt or a scarf or shoes that goes well with what you’re wearing. 

Personalization 

The way you carry your outfit is what gives the final dot to it. The way you walk, the way you carry yourself and the way you present yourself are final addons that give the finish to your attire. At the end the only thing that matters is how confident you are with it that brings out the elegance of your fit!

My name is Ishika Bhatia. I am an international student from India. I have been exploring my interest in business and fashion. I love to read and cafe hop in my free time!