Songs you need to add to your playlist this spring!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Spring is the season of change. With the weather warming, the trees greening, and plants blooming, it is almost as if you feel the changes externally and internally. Every spring I like to make a playlist that encapsulates that feeling of new beginnings. If you too, are looking for new songs that capture that feeling, you need to add these songs to your playlist this spring!

1. American Boyfriend –  Kevin Abstract

This song is one that I find I come back to every spring. The song begins calmly but then the chorus is upbeat and exciting. This song is perfect for biking and will make you feel like a movie character in an indie movie!

1. Supercut – Lorde 

Any Lorde song is perfect for spring but this song specifically feels like new beginnings. My favorite way to listen to this song is in a car with all the windows down and the song blasting, that is the perfect way to transition from winter to spring mentally. 

1. Cornerstone – Arctic Monkey 

This song is more melancholy but is such a great one to jam to and relax with your friends.

1. Pigeon – Faye Webster 

Anyone who knows me knows I am a Faye Webster stan but putting my love for her aside I do believe this song perfectly captures the feeling of spring and will make you feel happy and motivated.

1. You and I – Jakob 

This song has a very lightweight and carefree aura to it and truly does feel like a fresh start every time I listen to it!

1. End of Beginning – DJO  

This song is popular right now but it is a great song for the spring season and I can easily see it being the song of the summer as well.

These are some of my favorite songs right now that put me in the spring spirit. If you need new songs to share with your friends or that feel like the spring season these are the perfect songs to turn to!

I am a student at SUNY Oswego studying a BA of Arts in Political Science and minoring in Creative Writing. I am eager to express myself through my articles and hope to improve my skills!