The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Buying a gift for your significant other can be difficult in any relationship, especially if it’s a new one. Let’s face it, some people are just hard to shop for! Even if your love language is gift-giving, it can be stressful to find the perfect gift for your partner that shows how much you care about them. Whether you’re shopping for the holidays, a birthday, or just to say “I love you,”  these gifts are perfect for any occasion. 

1. Sweatshirt: Giving a hoodie to your significant other can say a variety of different things, depending on who you are in the relationship. Giving a hoodie can either say, “Thanks for always letting me use your hoodie, now it’s time for me to return the favor,” or “I love you, but can you please stop stealing my hoodies?!” Either way, a comfy, cotton sweatshirt is a perfect way to show your appreciation. 
  2. Custom Song Plaque: This could either be purchased on a website like Etsy or created on your own with a cricut machine. Whatever song you choose, it’s personal and special to you and your partner. You can even select your own photo for the custom artwork cover, having the two of you as the album cover for your song.
  3. Cologne/Perfume: Giving someone either a perfume or cologne is a way to show your care and affection. It is a special gift that isn’t purchased very often, but is worn and used everyday. Giving someone a perfume shows that you have put a lot of thought into who they are and what scents they might like. 
  4. Photo Album: Whether made on a website like Shutterfly, or creating a scrapbook on your own, photo albums are unique to any relationship and feel extremely special for all couples. 
  5. Custom Night Sky Star Map: A custom sky star map captures the constellations of the stars the night you and your significant other met. These maps can be found on Etsy and are a perfect romantic relationship gift for anyone.
  6. We’re Not Really Strangers Card Game: This game can be purchased at Target or on Amazon. The card deck is designed to have a series of questions and wildcards that allow you to build a current relationship, or help you create a new one. The deck has three levels of carefully crafted cards that allow you to get a better understanding of your partner: perception, connection, and reflection. At the end of the deck there is a final card that prompts both players to write a message to one another and exchange them. This card game is perfect for any couple who wants to connect on a deeper level.
Carolyn is a senior at SUNY Oswego studying Public Relations and English. She is the Marketing & PR Director of Her Campus, as well as a peer educator for the counseling center. Outside of Her Campus, Carolyn enjoys watching movies with her friends, baking, and online shopping.