Style > Beauty

Oswego Beauty Tips for Wintertime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Has the intense (and extremely unpredictable) Oswego weather got you down in the dumps? Well shake off those winter blues (and heavy snow boots) and get ready to feel beautiful!

Although the weather conditions often put dampers on our weekend plans, there’s no reason to let the weather get in the way of feeling beautiful and sexy. As seen in www.cosmopolitan.com, here are some easy and affordable tips to help you boost your winter look.

Lashes, lashes! Lashes can often make or break your look, not to mention the clumps! Accentuate your lashes by using Covergirl’s LashBlast Clump Crusher mascara, guaranteed to give you long, smooth lashes all day and night. You can intensify your lashes by adding individual lashes to the outer corners of your eyes to give you a more feminine look. For this look, try Revlon Natural Premium individual lashes for $4 at www.drugstore.com.

The Feline Eyes– To go along with your long lashes, add a thin layer of liquid eyeliner to your eyelids. Make sure you include a small flick at the outer corners of your eyes to fully create the feline eye look. Beware! If you add too much of a flick it may look overdone. Try Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black for $7 at www.maybelline.com.

Lips– Having the right color for your lips can really make you stand out in the crowd. No matter what season it is, red lips are always in. Try outlining your lips with a red lip liner such as Covergirl’s LipPerfection lip liner in Passion. Finish off your lips by filling them in with Covergirl’s LipPerfection lipstick in Hot Red. Both products are available on www.drugstore.com for $6.99. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different shades such as pinks and nudes as well!

Blush it up! Adding a dab of blush to your pallet can go a long way! If you have fair skin, try Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal to create a soft blush look. If you have medium-to-dark skin, try a richer shade such as Peach Satin or Pink Frosting. You can find these, and more shades at our Oswego Wal-Mart for $6.99.

Hairspray– The wind can become our worst enemy at Oswego on the weekends—or on any weekday for that matter. It may seem like sometimes you can never have a good hair day because of the wind, but fear not! Hairspray can really come in handy on windy days. Style your hair anyway you want—a high, sexy ponytail or long beach waves—and complete your beautiful look by adding hairspray to make sure the wind doesn’t ruin your look. Try Big Sexy Hair hairspray for $13.99 at www.hairandbeauty.com. With Oswego winds, hairspray is definitely worth it.

Don’t let the weather get you down! Try these beauty tips, they’re guaranteed to lift your spirits and make you feel beautiful inside and out!