Like or X me: Introducing, Tinder!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Oh, fabulous Tinder. What is this App you may ask yourself? Well, it’s a new social media device that allows you to meet and connect with people around your area. This may sound creepy, but if you’re bored of Snap Chat or your obscene Tumblr feed, Tinder is awaiting your download.

Tinder is the newer version of Hot or Not and allows single (Or taken), college students to talk with people who are around their age and location! Simply download the App on your Android or iPhone and begin the entertainment. Don’t worry though; no one will know you’re using it as a dating source. If you’re not interested in finding any particular guy or girl then enjoy random people who come up on your feed or the fact that your ex boyfriend even has a Tinder.

Steps to a successful Tinder user

1. After downloading the App, link the App to your Facebook. (Tinder will not allow posts to your wall)   

1. Tinder then shows you someone who you should “like” or know based on your location.
  1. From this point, you can either anonymously “like” the person or skip them (X them) to go on to the next person. Sounding funny yet?
  1. If someone you “like” likes you back, Tinder then introduces you and allows you the option to chat with that person.

Tinder is more of a game than a dating site. So, join the fun, and don’t feel awkward about downloading one. After all, it is spreading over college campuses across the U.S. Download the App today! 

EDUCATIONBachelors of Arts in Journalism                                                                              Expected: May 2014State University of New York (SUNY) College at OswegoMajor: JournalismMinor: Creative Writing RELATED EXPERIENCE   Whiteraverrafting.com-Contributing Writer                                                       March 2013-PresentReviews on shows/festivals/tracks/albums in individual postsFeature posts about the world of electronic musicAssist in ideas on how to deliver more content and receive higher website viewsDevelop questions and strategies for unique and influential interviews with various artists HerCampus/Oswego.com: Editor of the Oswego Branch                                     January 2011 –Present    Editing- AP styleMaintain positions throughout involvement with Her Campus as: Social media representative, editor, and finally one of the head editors of the branchMaintain various article sections of the magazine websiteWrite articles related to news, student profiles, and various other articles like blogs which relate to campus lifeSocial media balancing skillsPeer Leader for the Educational Opportunity Program, Oswego NY                August, Summer 2012Mentor for freshmanTutor writing classesEdit essays, and short stories for studentsIntroduce and involve students in clubs on campusInitiate team work with planned events and assignments for students Copy Writing Internship: I Heart Oswego                                                                        January 2013-Presenthttp://iheartoswego.com/Edit 3-4 stories daily, using AP styleReport and interview subjects for storiesUpdate Facebook/Twitter for I Heart OswegoCome up with feature stories TVF-Business Development Member                                                                                 January 2013                                                                        Promote products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2013)Discuss business strategies and team workDevelop press releases  WORK EXPERIENCECustomer Service, Wegman’s Food Markets, Binghamton, NY                                        August 2009-PresentInitiate customer service at cashier positionAdapt to changing situations at the storeImprove teamwork experience with working for outside services COMMUNITY INVOLVMENTCheerleading Club, SUNY Oswego                                                                                   September 2010-PresentSocial chair position: Come up with team bonding activities throughout the year and maintain team’s image