Need Advice? Ask Athena — Our New Advice Column!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Her Campus at Oswego is proud to announce that we will now have an advice column, “Dear Athena,” inspired by Slate’s incredibly popular Dear Prudence Column. “Dear Athena” will be answered by our very own Campus Correspondent, Shannon Sutorius. Shannon is a Senior English major here at Oswego, set to graduate this December, and has been published over 30 times in Her Campus Oswego, Great Lake Review, and Medium. In addition to being our Campus Correspondent, Shannon was previously a Teaching Assistant for Dr. Doug Guerra, has edited Fiction for Subnivean, and hosted their Spring ’21 Awards Event. Shannon is a transfer student, as well as being LGBT+. In short — she’s been around, knows what’s up, and now wants to help you.

Current SUNY Oswego students can anonymously send in their questions about anything going on in their lives — want to know if you should keep up that FWB? Should you join that Sorority? Are you a freshman and unsure how to handle living with a roommate? Are you about to graduate and don’t know whether to move back home? “Athena” can answer it all!

“Dear Athena” (depending on question volume) will be published twice every month. Want to ask your question? Send it in here!*

*Please note that we are unable to edit or remove questions after publication, so please do not submit a situation you would not want published and keep all personal information about yourself and others anonymous. We also will not accept questions that contain situations involving crimes being committed or someone being in danger. If you need immediate help or are the victim of a crime, please call 911, contact Campus Police at 315.312.5555, or Title XI Coordinator Lisa Evaneski at 315.312.5604.