This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

COVID-19 has changed the way almost everyone has lived their life and a lot of our normalcy has been taken away from us. I’ve been feeling the same way and want at least a day of things to be perfect so I can feel like myself again.

So here’s what I would do if I had the opportunity to have my perfect day.

I would love to wake up at 6 A.M., meditate and do yoga for an hour, hopefully outside on a balcony somewhere. I’d love to make some tea for myself after and take the time to enjoy my surroundings before diving into whatever I have to do that day. I’d take a nice warm shower to get ready for the day.

After that, I’d like to have breakfast, something light, like some toast and fruits. 

By 7:30 A.M., I’d like to have my to-do list for the day ready and, assuming I’m working from home, plan to start work/ school related activities at 9 am. I would tidy up, get some snacks ready for myself before I sat down to work and read for a bit.

At 9 A.M., I’d start working. In the ideal world, I’d take a break every 30 minutes to rest my eyes and walk around to get my body moving. 

At around 1:30 P.M., I’d eat lunch, hopefully something I’d cooked for myself. I’d take a walk outside for about 20 minutes before getting back to work at 2:30 pm.

I’d continue working till 6 P.M. After which I’d go on another walk, play with my pets, water my plants and take some time to destress. 

At 7 P.M. , I’d start making dinner and be done with eating and cleaning up by 8:30 pm. If I can have friends or loved ones around for this, I’d love that even more.

From 8 P.M. – 9 P.M. I’d work on personal projects like writing or artwork, something I want to do just for fun. 

After that I’d spend some time watching YouTube or shows/ movies. I’d love to do something that helps me let loose, maybe dance or just sing my heart out. 

Finally, by 11 P.M, I’d be in bed, happy and content, my room smelling like lavender, my ceiling looking like a starry sky, and my cat purring in my arms as it sleeps with me.

Nirdishtha Raj Sapkota is a Journalism and Graphic Design double major with a minor in Creative Writing. She loves indie and lofi music. You'll probably find her eating spicy and sour food or running around yelling for no particular reason. 
Jordyn is a Biology major with a minor in creative writing at SUNY Oswego. She hopes to open a rehabilitation center for wildlife in the future. She's very passionate about animals and spreading awareness for animal rights. She also enjoys drawing and painting.