This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

I’ve discovered that the more I explore my personal interests that a lot of them revolve around the season. For example, a lot of my music, reading, and writing choices tend to lean darker or more twisted from September to October, but are a lot lighter and sweeter when April or May roll around. I crochet more in winter but work out more in summer. I’m sure this isn’t special to me, but I think it’s fun to share regardless.

Something that has changed drastically in the last few months has been my music taste. This past summer, I was listening to a lot of upbeat pop; generally uptempo songs with a lot of energy and pep to them. Crossing into fall, though, my music has slowed down. More jazz, more acoustic covers, generally chiller music. I’d love to share my ideal playlist for this season and hopefully help you find a new song or two that you enjoy!

“To the Mountains” by Lizzy McAlpine

“Death with Dignity” by Sufjan Stevens

“Coffee” by beabadoobbee

“Temple Fair” by Phum Viphurit

“Rhiannon” by Fleetwood Mac

“Ribs” by The Crane Wives

“Arms Unfolding” by Dodie

“Sunlight” by Radical Face

“After All” by The Altogether

“Afterglow” by Luna Li

“Rosebud” by U.S. Girls

“Make Me Cry” by Jacob Collier

The last song especially says fall to me. All of them do, but Make Me Cry has a kind of slow-but-nostalgic feel to it that gets me right into an autumn-y mood. It makes me slow down for a minute and really appreciate what I’m listening to, as well as appreciating the season. Even if it weren’t fall, I’d highly recommend all the songs I listed. They’re all pretty cozy and give a nice vibe to whatever room you’re in, especially if there are some string lights, soft blankets, and warm drinks involved! :)

Tess (they / them) is a senior theater and creative writing double major at SUNY Oswego. They love reading, hanging out with friends, and writing in their free time.