Wellness

Midterms Are Coming To An End, Let’s Take a Moment To Destress!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

For starters, after making it through your midterms, give yourself a solid round of applause!! School is difficult and making it through any sort of stressful time calls for a little self-rewarding! So, how can we do this with our busy schedules? Here are a few simple ways to give yourself a breather and have a little bit of a stress-free moment!

1. Do some yoga!

Yoga is a great way to center yourself and get your mind and body calmed down. 

Look up a simple YouTube video or even just a list of yoga poses you can try to get started. Plus, if you have a hard time getting started on your own, you can always try to attend a small class on campus! They are always featured on your event itineraries shared by the college!

1. Go on a nature walk or hike!

Just taking a walk is a great way to give yourself some time to think and reflect. If you 

want a more scenic walk, you can do a quick Google search for some local trails and get to see some beautiful views. If you go to SUNY Oswego, there are a lot of local scenic areas like Rice Creek, Flat Rock, or the Fort Ontario Loop!

1. Journal!

Take a second to sit down with your journal, a notebook, or even just a sheet of paper 

and take some time to reflect on how you’ve been handling life educationally, socially, emotionally, and how you are doing in general! It is a great way to reflect on yourself and you may even discover things about yourself that you weren’t previously aware of!

Katy Lynk

Oswego '24

Hi! My name is Katy I am a Senior at SUNY Oswego and I am majoring in Adolescent English Ed. I love reading, writing and going on adventures and I hope to be a High School English teacher in the future.