This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

The Fall 2021 semester was a little hectic for all of us, so many of us took some much needed time for ourselves over the winter break. Here are some testimonials from a few of our members!

Jaylea

This break was very hectic for me. I enrolled in two winter courses that took up the entire winter break, so I spent most days completing homework. I also had my wisdom teeth removed, my childhood house was remodeled, and I started the process of becoming CC! In my free time, I watched the show Euphoria, hung out with my siblings, and shopped! While there were a lot of things that I needed to do, I found a way to make the most of it, and it was an overall great experience being back home for a month. 

Allyson

It always seems like every break goes by too quickly! Since I usually end up feeling like I need to be productive for the entire break, I made an effort to take time to actually relax this winter break. While I worked for the first few weeks, I took the rest of the break off to do what I don’t normally have time to during the semester. I spent time with my family, read books that have been on my TBR list for forever, began to put some of my ideas down on paper and started writing stories, played video games on my new PC I built, and watched some shows I’ve been meaning to get to! 

Jasmine

After a semester filled with work and activities, I chose to spend my break relaxing. Throughout the break I was able to see some of my friends at home and spend time with my family members. I also was able to watch series like My Mom, Your Dad on HBO Max and the movie Stay Close on Netflix. On Netflix I also watched shows like Twentysomethings: Austin, Hype House, and Emily in Paris. Lastly, some shows on television that I have taken an interest in are That’s My Jam and Abbott Elementary.

Heaven

During the break, I spent time with my family, mainly. Also, I enrolled in a winter course to keep me semi-busy even though it was kind of crazy at times. I practiced archery, but not as often as I wanted to. I’ve watched That’s My Jam, Next Level Chef, Euphoria and Hitchcock Presents during break. (Oh and Spiderman: No Way Home, of course!) I didn’t write much, just a short story and drafts of poems overall during break. 

Carla

After a semester filled with stress, going on winter break helped my anxiety and my stress levels. I spent it mostly with family, fixing my sleep schedule where I would wake up at 8 am instead of 2 pm, and have coffee with my mom and aunt. I watched a few shows/movies from the early 2000s and am currently on season 2 of Smallville. I cuddled with my kitten, played Genshin Impact, argued with my sisters, and ate home-cooked meals. I also spent time thinking about getting back into reading only not to. But this semester, I will!

Briana B.

This winter break was a relaxed one for me. I rested. I made sure to spend this entire month not completing any serious tasks. I was offered a job at Shake Shack and I decided to decline it. I worked so hard last semester (I am graduating in May 2022), and I decided to choose myself and take advantage of the month-long break. I’ve come to the realization that I do work extremely hard, and that I really don’t know how to take a break when it’s necessary. Sometimes to the point where I forget to eat, or until I feel burned out. So, I owed that to myself this break. Also, I’ve just been planning and preparing for school. I moved back into my apartment the weekend school began to settle in. Lastly, I found new hobbies. I’ve read books, found new shows to watch, watch life coach/leveling-up content on Youtube, and have been cooking healthier recipes! I am dedicated to self development and the betterment of myself. I deserve it. 

Eurokah

Over the winter break I was able to decompress for a short period of time, where I enjoyed the holiday with my family and friends. However, it was short lived as I fell ill right after the holidays. Overall, I was very appreciative for this time as last semester was a very difficult period of time for me. I struggled heavily with anxiety and stress. But while I was sick, I managed to rewatch my favorite childhood tv show, kim possible, I watched How I met your father, and the sex lives of college girl (which I really enjoyed and would highly recommend). As for writing, I worked a little bit on my blog and my podcast.