This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Her Campus Oswego welcomed a LOT of new members this semester — post COVID boom, maybe? This article was an opportunity for some of them to introduce themselves. Read on to learn more about April, Jaylea, Kahlan, and Fay!

April White

My name is April White! I’m a junior here at SUNY Oswego with a major in Broadcasting and communications and a minor in creative writing. I’m 20 years old and just moved off-campus for the very first time. I’m currently living with my two best friends, Alyssa and Kayla— the type of people you become your best self around! Her Campus happens to be the very first club I’ve joined since entering college, as COVID got in the way of everything for a little bit…but I’m loving being here and really enjoying my first club experience. I played the violin for about 10 years (even though I’m not very good at it) and really enjoy singing (also very not good at it) but I still love doing both. I’m a Cancer with a Sagittarius moon and a Virgo rising! I love watching movies and starting new TV shows, and love love LOVE hot chocolate! I have three pets, two dogs named Zoe and Newt and a cat named Beebo. You can often find me posting pictures of my dog Newt in various different sweaters on every one of my social medias. 

Jaylea Ransom (She/Her/Hers) (Aries) 

Hi, my name is Jaylea Ransom and I am currently a senior communication major at SUNY Oswego! I transferred from a two-year community college in the spring of 2021 and so far my experience at Oswego has been great. Things were very different my first semester here because there were many COVID-19 protocols in place, but I was still able to make some friends and take part in activities that I love, all while staying safe. This semester I decided to put myself out there more. I was able to get an on-campus internship and I joined Her Campus! I am already learning so much these first few weeks and I’ve been having fun spending time with the other members of the HCOZ club. When I am not writing articles or doing school work, you can find me watching Netflix, spending time with my friends, working out, or reading a book. I am so thankful for the memories I have made and the people I have met so far, so I am excited to see what the rest of the school year brings! :) 

Kahlan Poltorak (she/her)

Hi, I’m Kahlan (Kay-lin) Poltorak! I’m a sophomore criminal justice major, and I’m currently debating declaring a sustainability studies minor. I am 19 years old and from the Rochester area. Here, I live in Cayuga Hall, for the second year in a row. Her Campus has been a website of interest for me for a few years, and when I realized that Oswego has a chapter, I was so excited to join in person this fall! It is my first club on campus, and I also am a part of the Go Green Team. I am very passionate about sustainability and women’s rights, so these two extracurriculars will help boost my involvement in both to some extent. Also, I have a cat named Gabriel and a dog named Molly, who is my favorite. Finally, I am currently watching Criminal Minds and the new season of Sex Education on Netflix. I am looking forward to meeting new people and experiencing new things! 

Feiga (Fay) Khutoretsky (she/her/hers)

Hello! My name is Feiga Khutoretsky; my friends call me Fay. I’m from Brooklyn, NYC and I live in Waterbury Hall. I am a first semester freshman studying Broadcasting and Mass Communications and I am in the Master’s of Business Administration program. In addition to Her Campus, I am involved with several other organizations. I am the Secretary for Jewish Life Oswego, and I will be starting my show, Major Discussions, with WTOP-10 soon. I am passionate about communication and hearing other people’s stories. I am an avid reader, and I especially love memoirs. My favorite hobby is writing poetry, especially slam poetry. I am so excited for the start of the Open Mics on campus! Over the summer, I performed in the Brave New Voices poetry festival with the Soda City Youth Slam team, which was such a fun experience, and I can’t wait to perform my poetry again. For anyone who’s interested: I am an ENTJ, a 5w4, a Gemini sun, Taurus moon, and Scorpio rising. You can probably find me curled up somewhere with a book and a cup of hot chocolate.

April White

Oswego '23

April White is currently a senior at SUNY Oswego. She is a Broadcasting major with a minor in Creative Writing. More often than not you can find her either reading or tucked away in bed watching Netflix. She loves animals, iced coffee and the colors green and purple.