This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Whether you’ve heard about vision boards on TikTok or from a friend, they can be a great way to plan out your future and are often believed to help people manifest their dreams by persuading the universe into providing them with all that they desire. Even if you are not religious or spiritual, vision boards are a great way to create a representation of your dreams and can inspire you to work for them!

A vision board should include things that inspire you, bring joy into your life, and represent your overall life goals. Depending on what age you are right now, you can create multiple vision boards for different time frames! Your goals in high school will differ from your goals in college and beyond. 

Vision boards can consist of printed, touchable items in a collage, or they can be digital and accessible on your electronic devices. You’ll always want to place your board in a place that you view frequently so you are continuously thinking about it and putting positive thoughts into the universe. 

Here are some things that you can include: 

Motivational Quotes/Positive Affirmations

Quotes or positive affirmations that resonate with you are great because they provide you with inspiration and appeal to your mindset. 

Pictures

Sometimes visual images are best to look at because you can visualize yourself in those same scenarios. Even if it is just a picture of someone that looks like you doing something you enjoy like traveling, you are able to see yourself in that same position. 

Graphics

If you prefer charts to motivate you, you can use those too! Some people use graphics to show an increase in income over time and it lets them know that with time they will have the same. 

Merchandise 

If you’ve collected any items that relate to the things that you want in life, you can place them on your physical vision board! My friends have placed train or plane tickets on their boards in order to manifest more trips in their life. 

Magazine Cut-outs

If you love reading magazines or find inspiration within them, you can cut out what you want and paste them into a collage format. There are many different types of magazines that could appeal to your interest.  

Flowers

If you enjoy nature or find that there are spiritual benefits within nature, you could use real or fake flowers and add them to your vision board! I love different types of flowers, so I try to incorporate them into my boards as I age. 

If you still need some inspiration, there are many great examples on Pinterest and on TikTok! One user that goes by @lily_bowman5 received over 140k likes on a post that showed all the things that she manifested from her vision board. You can view her post here

Other platforms like Instagram and YouTube also have more in-depth tutorials and can provide you with even more inspiration. Just remember that you should always include things that you are actively working on achieving and even if you are not spiritual, the process of creating one can be aesthetic and fun! 

Best of luck. <3

Jaylea Ransom is a communication major at SUNY Oswego and plans to attend graduate school for a master's in business administration. When Jaylea is not reading, writing, or completing work for an internship, you can find her watching Netflix or listening to music.