Lights, Camera, Action: My Top 5 Movies of 2023 Revealed!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Caution: This article may contain some spoilers, so read at your own discretion.

Priscilla (October 2023)

I saw Priscilla alone in New York City during my Thanksgiving break and it was such a good experience. The emotions stirred by Priscilla resonated deeply with me because I relate to the toxic love but not walking away until *spoiler* she does. Also, the setting and colors from this movie help add to the emotions and feelings. Overall, Priscilla is my number one favorite movie to come out this year because it made me feel human since I related in a way.

Beautiful Disaster (April 2023)

The intense back-and-forth of “Will they?” and “Won’t they?” between Travis and Abby throughout the movie kept it spicy. Learning secrets someone is keeping and that secret taking a turn at the end was definitely unexpected. I loved this movie because it had a great balance of romance and a little bit of mystery. 10/10.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (June 2023)

I have watched this movie more than five times! From the great animation to the soundtrack to the great storyline. I love all the different Spider-Man versions there are and I especially love when they go into the Lego world! Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is a true gem.

Red, White & Royal Blue (July 2023)

I love love so of course I enjoyed Red, White & Royal Blue. It depicts the struggles of a gay couple and breaking barriers. I know they also have a book and that is on my books to read list!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (August 2023)

Born and raised in New York City so of course I loved the new TMNT movie. The animation style was amazing and cute. The fact they use slang such as “rizz” in the movie cracks me up and makes me love it more. Definitely one of my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies. Who doesn’t love pizza? 🐢🍕

I'm Tiffany, a Marketing student at SUNY Oswego and one of our Her Campus at Oswego Campus Correspondent!