Katie Sullivan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Jumping palominos over hurdles, building houses for underprivileged families, traveling all over the world to places like Australia and Spain.

You’re probably thinking we’re describing Carmen Sandiego, the daughter of Indiana Jones or Mother Teresa. Think again; this adventurous gal’ can be found in your own backyard.

Katie Sullivan of Westchester, N.Y., is a SUNY Oswego Junior with a resume that would make any employer croon. This junior math and psychology major found her niche at Oswego through Habitat for Humanity. Sullivan is currently the president of the club.

“I love the mission and goal of Habitat for Humanity,” she says. “It brings a sense of togetherness.”

Her passion for traveling led her to Oswego’s study aboard program where she will be attending school in Australia this spring. Sullivan has traveled all over the world from Spain, to France, Italy and Monaco.

“I love experiencing what other cultures have to offer,” she says. “I want to go into international law, so getting the travel experience and visiting different countries will help with that.”

When she’s not making the world a better place by providing families with homes, or slaving over a hot stove working at the dining hall, Sullivan dreams of one day kicking butt in the court room as a lawyer. Oh, and did we mention she’s even a part of the SUNY Oswego Equestrian team? It official, this girl does it all.

In her spare time she loves to watch “White Collar” while drooling over Matt Bomer or relaxing with a nice book, explaining that she likes all genres. If you’re downtow,n stop by the Oswego Movie Theater; Sullivan sees a movie there every Friday night.

“I really like seeing comedies,” she says. Sullivan recommends everyone see “Pitch Perfect.”

“It was so good!”

Think Sullivan’s got a full plate? Maybe so, but this savvy chica knows exactly how to juggle it all.