Justus Stahrr ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

After attending SUNYIT in Utica and a brief stint at Onondaga Community College, Justus Stahrr has finally found where he is meant to be. Although he hasn’t been here long, he has already made quite an impression on campus by becoming very active in the sporting community. Coming in at 6’7” he is hard to miss walking among the rest of the student body, a giant in a sea of normal sized people. Not only does he have long legs, but a huge loving heart to match. With beautiful blue eyes, a dazzling smile, and an infectious laugh it’s no wonder that this week’s campus cutie is already taken.

Name: Justus Stahrr

Class: Transfer Sophomore, Class of 2015

Hometown: Liverpool, New York

Relationship Status: In a one-year relationship

Major: Public Justice

Minor: Coaching

Why did you decide to transfer to Oswego? I transferred to Oswego because they have a great public justice program.

What extracurricular activities have you gotten involved with this semester? I am involved with four intramural teams (two basketball and two volleyball), student assistant coaching the women’s varsity volleyball team, men’s club volleyball, applying to be an RA for next semester as well as a MOST mentor.

What is your dream career and why? I want to be a state trooper because I would have the perfect name for it, and I fit the height requirement of “way too tall”. That was a joke. I don’t have a reason, for as long as I’ve been able to walk, and talk, it’s what I’ve wanted to do.

How tall are you? Like the Lil Wayne song; 6 foot 7

Did you get a special something from your special someone? Actually I got 14 special somethings. My girl is pretty cool; she did something called “14 days of love”. From Feb. 1 to Feb. 14, I was given a present each day.

What did you give your special someone for Valentine’s Day? I set up a scavenger hunt all over the city of Oswego, and the campus. She had to follow the clues, and at the end I got her two big stuffed puppies.

Who has had the most influence on your life and why? My current roommate and lifetime best friend, Joe Manganiello. We’ve known each other since the 3rd grade, and have been tight ever since.

What is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? The most dangerous thing I’ve ever done is probably driving when I broke my right foot.       

What is your favorite movie? Hands down Django Unchained.

Who is your favorite artist? That is hard; I love Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, and old Lil Wayne.

What is your favorite brand of shoe? Nike.

If you have to use three words to describe yourself what would they be? Tall, Athletic, and Funny.