This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Whether you see Jay sitting outside with his pup, Skye, or walking to class, you can be sure he is ready with a joke at your expense. His humor, quick-wit and boyish charm helped secure his spot as Campus Cutie. What we didn’t know, though, was his harsh loyalty toward his friends. Though he’s taken, ladies, don’t miss this opportunity to gain a spot as his No.1 bestie!

Name: Jay Willer

Year: Senior

Age: 21

Hometown: Penfield, New York

Relationship Status: Taken

Major: Risk Management and Insurance

Why: About 80% of the insurance industry is over 45, most of them being baby boomers and about to retire. There are plenty of upward advancement opportunities that will have a need for qualified personnel. There is also more of a chance to make money.

Favorite Attributes in a Person: A sense of humor is important, intelligence, and a wild side. They can’t be afraid to let their hair down.

What/who is the most important in your life? Dan Frick, because he is not afraid to tell it like it is. I appreciate his blunt honesty and his willingness to go out on a limb for a friend, plus he isn’t afraid to let his hair down. Oh yeah, and his keen sense of fashion.

Someone you look up to: My friend Chris. He is an army ranger and has spent the last four years training and helping to train new police officers. He has put his life on the line for a chance to help the country. He is trying to help change the world; it’s very honorable.

What is a solid Oswego memory? 4.0 was a feel-good memory for me.

Favorite place to go? My cottage on Canandaigua Lake because it always seems sunny. It’s overall beautiful. I’m able to relax with good friends and good family. Skye can run around freely, so it’s just always nice.

If people could say one thing about you, what would it be? I’m always quick with a joke.

If you could have a super power, what would it be? If you pick any superpower, it seems like you’re overcompensating for something. How about just a superhero? I’d be Superman, he’s a nice people person.

What are some of your major dislikes? Ignorance, New York Giants, Razor scooters, New York Jets, Indian food, bees, pop tarts, guinea pigs.

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.