This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Winter Wonderland Trend of the Week: Infinity Scarves

We all know that weather in Oswego during February is anything but predictable. Likewise, we all know the winter essentials that one must have in order to survive the biting winds, flurries of snow, and that all too pesky sleet. A winter hat, gloves, heavy duty boots and a jacket are absolutely indispensable when having to make that long walk across campus.

But if there is one thing that has been catching on, besides the common cold, it is the love that people have found for scarves, more specifically, the infinity scarf. The infinity scarf has recently been the latest sensation, not only in Oswego, but all over the country. In addition to its obvious function of keeping our necks warm, the infinity scarf is cute, versatile, and super easy to use. Not only is it adorable, but it is also a must have for those who just can’t find enough time in their busy schedule to wrap a scarf around their neck a couple times. The infinity scarf is designed to fit over your head and be wrapped just once. Worn with a heavy jacket, a sweater, or a cute V-neck, the infinity scarf goes with any outfit and is a great way to accessorize and stay warm in style. 

EDUCATIONBachelors of Arts in Journalism                                                                              Expected: May 2014State University of New York (SUNY) College at OswegoMajor: JournalismMinor: Creative Writing RELATED EXPERIENCE   Whiteraverrafting.com-Contributing Writer                                                       March 2013-PresentReviews on shows/festivals/tracks/albums in individual postsFeature posts about the world of electronic musicAssist in ideas on how to deliver more content and receive higher website viewsDevelop questions and strategies for unique and influential interviews with various artists HerCampus/Oswego.com: Editor of the Oswego Branch                                     January 2011 –Present    Editing- AP styleMaintain positions throughout involvement with Her Campus as: Social media representative, editor, and finally one of the head editors of the branchMaintain various article sections of the magazine websiteWrite articles related to news, student profiles, and various other articles like blogs which relate to campus lifeSocial media balancing skillsPeer Leader for the Educational Opportunity Program, Oswego NY                August, Summer 2012Mentor for freshmanTutor writing classesEdit essays, and short stories for studentsIntroduce and involve students in clubs on campusInitiate team work with planned events and assignments for students Copy Writing Internship: I Heart Oswego                                                                        January 2013-Presenthttp://iheartoswego.com/Edit 3-4 stories daily, using AP styleReport and interview subjects for storiesUpdate Facebook/Twitter for I Heart OswegoCome up with feature stories TVF-Business Development Member                                                                                 January 2013                                                                        Promote products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2013)Discuss business strategies and team workDevelop press releases  WORK EXPERIENCECustomer Service, Wegman’s Food Markets, Binghamton, NY                                        August 2009-PresentInitiate customer service at cashier positionAdapt to changing situations at the storeImprove teamwork experience with working for outside services COMMUNITY INVOLVMENTCheerleading Club, SUNY Oswego                                                                                   September 2010-PresentSocial chair position: Come up with team bonding activities throughout the year and maintain team’s image