This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

February may be the shortest month of the year, but I still have a long list of amazing products I’ve discovered. I love watching monthly favorites videos on YouTube, so I figured, why not write an article on mine? I know I’m always interested in learning about new things to drain my bank account on.  

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

If you’re a makeup enthusiast like myself, you’ve probably heard of this before. It’s a boss bitch brow staple. I have used this in the past but revisited it again this month and wow, I’ve missed it. The thin pencil makes it so easy to create natural, hair-like strokes. The only con is that it’s $21 and doesn’t come with a lot of product, so it’s sadly not a part of my everyday makeup routine.

Elf Poreless Putty Primer

I found out about this product from watching beauty gurus on YouTube, who compare it to the infamous Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer. I’ve wanted to invest in the Tatcha for a long time but just can’t get myself to pay $52 for a primer. When I saw countless reviews calling this a dupe, I had to pick it up, ASAP. I myself can’t compare it to the Tatcha, but I do think it helps my makeup last longer, and it’s only $8 so you can’t go wrong.

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer

After watching the Kevyn Aucoin documentary on Netflix, I decided to research his makeup line and his most loved items — this was at the top. It is pricey, so I ordered a sample on camerareadycosmetics.com. A little goes a long way because it’s so full coverage. It’s a foundation and concealer in one, but I prefer to just use it as a foundation. It’s very thick so if you put too much on it will look cakey. When used correctly, though, it makes your skin look gorgeous every time. Not to mention it lasts all day.

Beautaniq Beauty Blush Serum

I discovered this from my Ipsy bag and wasn’t stoked about it at first. Due to my naturally rosy cheeks, I’ve never been a big fan of blush just because I’ve never really needed it. I have also never been into cream products that much so this was an unexpected favorite. It’s a cream lip and cheek color, but I don’t recommend using it for your lips because it’s too sheer. It blends out beautifully with a beauty sponge for a little flush in your cheeks.

Minetan Super Dark Coffee Self-Tanner

Naturally, I am very fair skinned so I love a good self-tanner to keep me bronzed year-round. I am constantly searching for the next best one. My friend got this for me for a Christmas present and I instantly fell in love with it. Not only does it actually smell like coffee (one of my favorite things ever), it has a great color, lasts 5-7 days, doesn’t fade patchy, and it isn’t a pain to get off.

Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask

For the past few years, Lush’s Dark Angel cleanser has been my ride or die. Every few months when I repurchase it, I take full advantage of the free samples you can get when you checkout. The last time I went, I tried Cosmetic Warrior and am so glad I did. This mask reeks of garlic but will leave your skin silky smooth afterward. The slight tingly sensation it has will make you feel like you’re getting the facial you deserve, at home!

Sam is a Business Administration major with an Entrepreneurship minor in her junior year at SUNY Oswego. She loves animals (especially cats), makeup, retail therapy, sunsets, iced coffee, and rewatching The Office.
Melissa Lee

Oswego '19

CC Melissa is a senior journalism major with a double minor in creative writing and political science at SUNY Oswego. She loves music, makeup, dogs, and napping. 95% of the time she can be found drinking way too much coffee or finding new music on Spotify.