samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

He’s handsome, funny, and an amazing musician; this week’s Campus Cutie is Eric Close!

Name: Eric Close

Birthplace: Gloversville, N.Y.

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business Administration

Relationship Status: SingleWhat’s your favorite thing to do?

My favorite thing to do is to throw discus.

What is your favorite food?

My favorite food has to be sunka fleky – pronounced shoonka fleki. It’s a Slovak dish my grandpa used to make. It’s tasty!

What is one of your goals in life?

To be happy.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have two cats. Their names are Jim and Frosty.

What bands have you seen live?

Def Leppard, Journey, Boston, Dave Matthews Band, and most importantly, Phish. Phish is the greatest.

What’s your favorite Phish song?

Reba from 10.31.94.Do you have any hobbies?

I play numerous instruments – guitar, drums, piano, banjo, harmonica, trombone, mandolin. I used to have bagpipes, but they don’t work anymore.

What’s your favorite place in the whole world?

My favorite place is probably my uncle’s farm.

What do you look for in a girl?

Someone who is fun, smart, beautiful, has a good personality.”

What is one thing you absolutely cannot live without?

Family.

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media. 
Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.