A College Student’s Holiday Gift-Giving Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Let’s be honest, no one talks about it, but Christmas for college students is hard. Right after Thanksgiving, we’re thrust into the end of the semester which consists of important assignments, lengthy papers, and finals. When we come home, we only have a matter of 10 days or so before Christmas pops up. So how are we possibly supposed to get all of our shopping done? If you find yourself struggling with getting everyone on your list a Christmas gift, check out some of these ideas this year.

Etsy

Personally, Etsy is one of my favorite websites, especially for picking up gifts for my loved ones. Sellers from all over the world put their creations up for sale and items range anywhere from jewelry to home decor to art pieces. Nearly everything is original, plus it’s super easy to find affordable gifts.

ColourPop

If there’s a makeup lover in your life, ColourPop is the place to go. This website is filled with affordable and high-quality makeup — highlighters, eyeshadow palettes, liquid lipsticks, you name it. Even better, you get $5 off your first order and free shipping over $30!

Urban Outfitters

Though Urban Outfitters is notoriously known for being pretty expensive, the gift section of their website has a ton of great stuff. There’s a bunch of fun mugs, candles, books, and quirky items perfect for friends. The website also offers free shipping over $50 and free returns.

RedBubble

RedBubble is pretty similar to Etsy, except it’s more geared towards clothes, art, and more. Creators are able to post their original designs and you can purchase anything from laptop sleeves to stickers to notebooks. The site is currently doing 12 Days of Promos, where they are offering a different sale every day.

Subscription Boxes

Subscription boxes are a fairly new concept, but they have been taking over the gift-giving world. There seems to be one for nearly anyone, including makeup lovers, fitness gurus, and bookworms. Not only is this a fun and original gift, but depending on the subscription, the person continues to receive boxes throughout the year!

Melissa Lee

Oswego '19

CC Melissa is a senior journalism major with a double minor in creative writing and political science at SUNY Oswego. She loves music, makeup, dogs, and napping. 95% of the time she can be found drinking way too much coffee or finding new music on Spotify.
I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!